Lasiodora cristata

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I'm thinking about adding the species to my collection, but am not to sure about what it's like to keep one. Does anyone have any first hand experience they'd like to share? I'd really appriciate it :)

-Bryan

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, they're an awesome looking T for sure. I can't speak for anything but mine but it's got plenty of attitude. A great eater. Not really difficult to care for in my experience. I'd certainly recommend one if you don't mind their aggressive nature. Mine xan be a bit flicky at times but prefers the threat stance as a warning.

Let us know what you decide.

Atrax

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Personally, I love mine. First of all, it's a great looking T. Second of all, it's a great eater. The only downside is that it's quite skittish. If you touch it's deli dish, it starts flittering all over it. I've never seen any overt defensiveness from mine. It pretty much just hunkers down when I open up the dish, but it's right on crickets when I throw them in there. What it will be like when it's full grown, I can't tell you, but right now at about 2 inches, it's no hardship dealing with. Here's a pic of mine.

Scott

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh Man!!!!!!! hehehehehe!!!

;P ;P Well let me tell ya alittle something about those Ts Scott they aint so nice when they get big!!!! I got um and il tell ya what not only are they damn mean but ya they throw
hairs really bad and mine attacks the lid of the cage and will really rear up and come at ya to.... Jeff-WeaponX got first hands on experiance with that one as it jumped right out of the cage at him when he was here for few days visitting.. Oh man was he freaking out... we had alot of fun catching that one...hehehehehehe!!! My word for that T.. Well , EVIL,, EVIL AND MEAN .. have fun..LOL!!! ;P ;P :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
mine is a little stinker as well...
right now, it's about 2.5" and sometimes it runs around like a nut when I open the container, and sometimes it gets so angry, it falls over backwards! They are quite fast, and active too. Voracious eaters though...mine will eat almost right up to molting day!

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't own any, but I've seen them before. they certainly aren't nice. Although I never actually saw them flick hairs, it was more interested in biting down on anything that moved.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Thanks for all the info, guys :) I'm probably going to end up with one of these beautiful creatures with the nifty personality ;)

Two more questions, though: What is the full size of this species? Are they terestrial, or burrowers? I'm hoping it'll be a nice display spider.

-Bryan