Lasidora difficulis

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
L. difficulis is a species that's been on my want list for a while, I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with it, and does it look nicer in real life then it does in pictures. I often find that spiders either look less interesting in real life or more... I was going to invest in a sexed female from John Hoke.

Anyway... just meaningless drivel.

Paul

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Haven't seen too many of these. From what I've heard, they're a "redder" version of L. parahybana with much the same needs. Never seemed that interesting to me, so I never looked into them much.

Scott

sabre

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lasiodora difficilis

I've got a number of them, but they are all just 1/3" to 1/2" in sizes. It's hard to find much info on them, i've heard that it is possible for some of them to grow larger than the parahybana. One source tells me they are terrestrial another says they are burrowing. I'm really just going to have to wait and find out. If you do get a larger one, it'd be great if you could tell me what to expect with this T.

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll let you guys know. They are terrestrial though. They can burrow (so they are opportunistic), but they don't have to as long as you provide a retreat. I know that much. My interest in them is that they get large like L. parahpyana, but look nicer in the pictures I've seen. But it is great that they possibly get larger!

Thanks guys,
Pauly