Lariz, Chip, anyone else.. ?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
OK folks, I got these, which aren't the best, pictures of my 3-4 inch P. regalis today. I'm not sure from what I've read, but I think I'm leaning towards male. Any thoughts? A madden play by play would definately be appreciated.

Bill

Attachments

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

looks male to me.

1.Epigastric furrow is not a noticable curve(and lacking any sort of "lips" around it)

2.Could just be the image, but if magnified i can barely make out a triangular shaped color change on the anterior edge of epigastric furrow, these are the epiandrous fussilae.

3.Dont take my word for it though, I could be seeing things and im no proffessional, nab em against the glass and take a long look at em.

PEace,
-V

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree. It looks like a male to me. I am no expert, but am usually right about my spiders.

-Jill

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Its hard to see Bill,
Can you lighten the pic. a tad?

Ernie

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
It's back under the surface, or I'd try it with a flashlight attatched. I'll see what it does in the next few days and try to get something better.

Bill

Brandon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bill,
P regalis should have a nice white belly band i notice it hasnt come in quite yet, the specimin seems to be rather younge and therefore may be hard to sex, be open to the possablility that it is a female. Just my thought

Sincerely,

Brandon

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi Bill,
Not to take anything away from what the others said, but I don't really think it's big enough to use that method of sexing. It'll probably be better to look inside a cast skin.
I can't say male, just yet. In P. regalis, it is a little trickier. The peachy band helps to hide that whitish lip. I've had 5" females that I wasn't 100% sure about. Even in my adults, the lip isn't really all that evident, as it is in P. formosa, rufilata, and ornata.
john

Last edited: