Large custom enclosures?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
OK here goes, the large slab cork bark has an opening front and back so the T has access to either end or the option to close off either or both. last pick is of back door.
There is plenty of room for her to turn around at either end without using the glass wall
Top view
2016-10-23 15.29.11.jpg

Close up from top
2016-10-23 15.29.21.jpg

Gravid big booty G. porteri
2016-10-23 15.30.02.jpg 2016-10-23 15.29.43.jpg

back entrance
2016-10-23 15.30.44.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OK here goes, the large slab cork bark has an opening front and back so the T has access to either end or the option to close off either or both. last pick is of back door.
There is plenty of room for her to turn around at either end without using the glass wall
Top view
View attachment 223321

Close up from top
View attachment 223322

Gravid big booty G. porteri
View attachment 223324 View attachment 223323

back entrance
View attachment 223325
Thanks a lot! This gives me something to think about then. The main reason I held back on the 5s was the leg room, but after reading /seeing what you said, I'll have to give this more thought. I suspect someone is getting a rehosue at some point ;)

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I do think it will work for a 7-8" T as long as they have a good hide to run to instead of up and out if spooked when opening the enclosure. good example I just picked up her tank form my shelf walked 15' set it down, opened it up and she headed right for the hide at a slow relaxed pace, took pics, then replaced it. she came right back up top where she spends most of here time. She was paired last Oct sure hope she drops a sac soon. I'm tired of waiting LOL

SpiderInTheBath

Arachnosquire
I'd definitely consider going a little smaller (so far she is using all of the space but it's possible she just hasn't found her spot yet) but I'd rather give too much than too little, you know?

My collection is small (10 tarantulas and 1 jumping spider) and not likely to get massive except possibly over a number of years. I've made some decisions about what I will or won't have in my current living situation: no old world tarantulas until I have a locking room for them (I have 2 cats and while I know hundreds of people keep both safely without that measure, it's for my peace of mind), no doubles of the same gender, only buying once a year or so for financial reasons, etc.

I'm interested in breeding, but not yet!

I'm sure I could attach a lid without issue, but if there are visual imperfections it will upset me ;) I'm convinced to have a go, though! Most 10g tanks I've seen have gotten a lot of their size from the height, but I know a place that sells glass ones cheaply without lids so I'll start there.

Thanks guys!

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Jamie's used to make an XL size enclosure that was quite large but I haven't seen it on her site for a while now...so not sure if she still does them. Might have to ask her. It was very nice but très pricey.
I was really hoping to get one of those for my L. difficilis once she outgrows her current enclosure. Hopefully she brings those back, I really really like her acrylic enclosures. Guess it could be fun building my own though!

mistertim

Arachnobaron
I was really hoping to get one of those for my L. difficilis once she outgrows her current enclosure. Hopefully she brings those back, I really really like her acrylic enclosures. Guess it could be fun building my own though!
You could try emailing her and asking if she still has them available or can get one made for you...I've always found her very responsive to questions.