Landscape photography

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some nice panoramas there.

And I like the street light too.

Cool shot from a kite, Dave. I'm glad you retreived it okay! I think it would be awesome to try something like that oneday.

Here's a landscape in 3D for anyone who has a pair of red / cyan or red / blue glasses.

[/url][/IMG]

tebs

Arachnopeon
went out to a local park to take some pics during me lunch break...

damn glare on the first one....

this one's not a landscape but.....eh.i kinda like it...

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer

Acer

Arachnopeon
Fartkowski, that second shot is quite moody with what looks list a slight mist. That beautiful old white house really adds to the atmosphere.

And Peacock Springs must be surreal...diving in fresh water always would be. That is tragic that so many divers have died there. Must be incredibly dangerous.

Awesome waterfall, Travis. I especially like the high viewpoint in the third photo down.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

I know that most people associate Australia with summer beaches and deserts. Here's a different sort of image of this country - showcasing the Victorian snow fields.

[/url]
southernland by dragonblade712003, on Flickr[/IMG]
Nice shot, there is so much crispness and depth with medium format film.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We have gotten TONS of rain the past couple of weeks and the White River has escaped its banks. I took these standing on a 100 yr. old steel bridge.

looking in one direction

and looking in the opposite direction

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice shot, there is so much crispness and depth with medium format film.
Thanks, though that particular photo was shot on 35mm. Would be cool to take a medium format cam to the snow.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

We have gotten TONS of rain the past couple of weeks and the White River has escaped its banks. I took these standing on a 100 yr. old steel bridge.

looking in one direction

and looking in the opposite direction

Beautiful images. Amazing how flooding can totally transform the look of a location...making it quite surreal.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful images. Amazing how flooding can totally transform the look of a location...making it quite surreal.
Thank you! The rain hasn't stopped and it just keeps getting more and more flooded..

A flash flood stood this huge heavy rock on end by a tree.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
This may be a bit off topic, but I was wondering if anyone could explain landscape photography to me. Some people seem to have an "eye" for artistic stuff but I just don't seem to. For me, going to an art gallery is about on par with giving a snake a typewriter.

There is the odd shot that really strikes me and that usually has to do with bold colours or something really neat in the shot. My reaction to 99.9% of landscape shots, however, is "meh." I can spot when there is a technical problem .. bad focus, bad exposure curve etc. and even spot some problem framing (I know this is all 'subjective' but I think it is fair to say that the tail end of someone's car at the edge of a forest panorma counts as a "mistake"). I just don't get what everyone else is ooohing and aaahing about.

So if someone could please point out a few landscapes they find particularly pleasing and maybe indicate why they like them (either from a technical or artistic standpoint) that would be greatly appreciated. I'm curious if I can learn by rote what others seem to just see.

Cheers,
Dave