Lake mead, Las Vegas. Look what I found

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not much really only looked for about 20 min but I found this spider and a baby Vaejovis spinigerus I think he must have just climbed off moma's back.

If anyone knows what kinda spider this is let me know.

:Rockon: Vaejovis spinigerus

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The spider I'd guess is a Lycosid of some sort maybe an Arctosa sp. Those I think are the more sand dwelling wolfs, often light in color like that.

That is all speculation though. As I understand wolf spider systematics are in disarray and most species level ID's are impossible to determine without genitalia structure.....and of course I really know little about them.

How large is it? Id gladly take the burden of keeping it off your hands:D I happen to be a true spider addict:8o

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The spider I'd guess is a Lycosid of some sort maybe an Arctosa sp. Those I think are the more sand dwelling wolfs, often light in color like that.

That is all speculation though. As I understand wolf spider systematics are in disarray and most species level ID's are impossible to determine without genitalia structure.....and of course I really know little about them.

How large is it? Id gladly take the burden of keeping it off your hands:D I happen to be a true spider addict:8o
Sorry mate I let that one go but she was about an inch or so I catch them all the time here in vegas

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I lived in Vegas for 6 years, went cliff diving at Lake Mead all the time, and never saw anything cool like that. nice find