l4nsky's Dedicated Room & Upgrades

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
If I needed any more evidence to justify these purchases, well there it is.
Good to hear your system is on the ball. Mine just went in the opposite direction. A floating ground up near the hundred millivolt scale at the computer case. Built myself a little perfect storm mess thanks to crap plated steel - if even that, contacts in the receptacles and plug strips. From copper ground rods to aluminum wire ground lead to a knock off copy of a Schneider breaker panel back to copper wire to the receptacle and a near 20 foot run of gads knows what wire in the extension cord out to yet another couple of new questionable quality plug strips. The new mom board in the computer and it's proximity to the case has created a quite functional capacitor and stray current has all 14 gadgets plugged into the plug strips at different neutral potentials.
In simplified terms, the entire system is demonstrating galvanic effect worse than a fishing trawler missing it's anodes. :mad: And it gets better. Our electrical system is probably the only properly grounded household of the 50 or so electric services between us and the transformer. And better yet, it's the dry season so our ground rods don't have much ground potential to connect to.

Your Tripp Lite UL24CB-15 with 6 NEMA 5-15R output receptacles is an unobtainable wet dream in these parts. I'm looking at an isolation transformer to clean my juice mess up.

Last edited: