L. Parahybana

Justin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Can some one give me some care on these, really just lighting ( do they need it or will a heat pad stuck to the side be good enough) and if peat moss makes good substrate by itself or does it need to be mixed with any thing, and humidity. Are females hard to get. I know i keep saying i am going to get one of these but this time i am really going to get one of these. Thanks.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm, well lighting cannot be replaced by heat, as I see it, if lighting is required.
Unless you're gonna put it in the basement though, ambient lighting I hear is fine(day and night cycle encouraged).
A heatmat to one side is what I'm using, and it seems to work ok for my very MALE-looking Parahybana..grr..stupid people around here..[as in this country, not these boards :rolleyes: ] anyway, a mat on a side makes it easy for ms. Spid to go sit there whenever she pleases.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I have one in the living room, and it gets cold at night. So I have a UTH (under tank heater) on the SIDE of the aquarium. I know when he's feeling cold, because he goes and sits beside it.
I have a mix of peat moss/vermiculite, fairly dry except by the water dish, which I overflow. I have a screen top, that I cover with saran wrap to keep the humidity in. Seems to work fine. They are super hardy.
My females are in my spider room, with an ambient temp of 80 degrees.
Hope that helps

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Can anyone post a picture of a L.p sling, please.:)

Ernie

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks,
I thought I might have miss labeled mine when i got it. Looks like I got it right. ;)

Ernie