L. parahybana sling

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
I kept reading that these things were eating machines and I am now a believer! I just got this sling last week and I swear its twice as a big already. I drop a cricket in almost the size of the sling and it barely touches the substrate and the sling is all over it. Really cool! I should have gotten one a lot sooner!:D

Attachments

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
hey rob--
i must agree, l. parah's are very cool--and they grow and grow and grow.
on a sidenote, are you cultivating mold? it kinda looks like it...if i'm wrong, i'm very, very sorry for jumping on your case, however, if i'm right, please take care of the mold!
thanks!
krystal

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Krystal, I agree, it does kinda look like mold. It may also be a smudge on the camera lens though. My camera does that if I brush up against the lens or get a glare off of something...which occasionally happens too.

My Lasiodora parahybana is huge! I have never been able to accurately measure her because she stays semi-curled at almost all times. She does have more weight than any blondi I've ever held though. Including one that was measuring a little over 9.5 inches. I'm thinking of breeding her soon, if I can find a male at a good size and cost to work with her on.
Edit: Oh yeah, and that girl EATS!!!
adios,
edw. =D

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
No its not mold. I noticed that too and wondered what it was, but its not in the substrate. I never thought to check my camera lens for a smudge. Funny you should bring that up though, I knew when I saw the pic that someone might think it was mold.
if i'm wrong, i'm very, very sorry for jumping on your
case, however, if i'm right, please take care of the mold!
No sweat, thanks for the backup! Some people take things too personally these days...not me.:)

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
thanks, rob...i'm glad you don't have a mold problem and even more relieved you can take some constructive criticism from me, even if i'm dead wrong! : )

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, I have a Canon Rebel 2000 EOS and I burnt out an entire roll of film once and didn't even realize it had a slight smudge until I was almost 3/4 of the way through the roll of film. That was very shortly after I got it. It was a 36 exposure roll and quite costly. Believe me, I was very upset. It made a lot of the pics look like they had mold on them and some of the pics were of completely dry desert shots, knowing there was no mold. *lol* But I clean my camera lenses before and after every photo session nowadays and I have not had that problem since. It's one heck of a great camera! Just takes a lot of working with to keep it's performance in pristine order.

adios,
edw. :D