L. parahybana sling Molted! My first molt experience!

EthanSATX1996

Arachnopeon
So my L. Parahybana whom I assumed was in premolt for almost the last two weeks has finally molted. She sealed herself off in her burrow about 3-4 days after I got her and the only reason I’d seen her since is because her burrow is against the side of the enclosure allowing view. During this time I only offered it pre-killed prey in the off chance it was hungry. It never touched a single prey item. I’m very new to this hobby and wanted to provide a decent level of care as I was unsure for certain if it was actually in pre-molt. I got my answer today, while looking in the burrow from the side I saw a pair of front legs that looked soft and collapsed. Being new I feared the worst. And then the little bugger walked right up and over it’s exoskeleton and instantly I knew what happened! I was a little nervous as I have 7 T’s and this is my first molting experience. Overall a very neat and interesting learning experience for myself, just wanted to share 👍🏼 Also I say she because that’s what I am hoping for but I don’t know yet 😩

Jess S

Arachnobaron
That's really awesome! Congratulations, there will be many more molts to come too!

I remember waiting 6 weeks for my first tiny LP sling to molt. the wait seemed to go on for ever, and then the molt finally happened, much to my excitement.

I still get excited over every molt in my collection. Seeing the growth and changing appearance is amazing.

EthanSATX1996

Arachnopeon
That's really awesome! Congratulations, there will be many more molts to come too!

I remember waiting 6 weeks for my first tiny LP sling to molt. the wait seemed to go on for ever, and then the molt finally happened, much to my excitement.

I still get excited over every molt in my collection. Seeing the growth and changing appearance is amazing.
Thank you! I was pretty sure I knew from research what my T was going through but as I am new I was still nervous because it was all entirely new! It’s nice to have this exposure and be able to recognize signs for any of my future 8- legged babies. As I said I have 7 both NW and OW and I am fully expecting to have plenty of molts 😀 I really look forward to watching my babies grow and change, even if it means they will only get more defensive! I feel ready and have built decent husbandry and care skills rather quickly. I know it’s a NW but my A. Avicularia has never kicked hairs but much prefers to bite paintbrushes and the likes. And make no mistake it is well fed 😁 I just think it really likes to feed and exhibits that response more readily.