L. parahybana sexing

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
I really respect the info I get here so I hope you all can forgive me for another sexing thread! :)
I just got this beauty...what do you think?

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I'm guessing male, but I admit I'm still not totally certain what to look for. What I *THINK* is the epiandrous fusilae I circled in green.

Someone please, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Bill

Attachments

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
Bah. That's what I thought. He's REAL leggy but I was hoping it was just the species.
Thanks for your help!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
conipto,

I never know what your all looking at. My guess was male. Its so hard to tell that way. It looks like you circled nothing. I've examined so many T's and just dont see what you see. I need a molt to sex my T's. Any way let us know what it turns out to be.

NorthwestInverts

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
acutally the e. fusillae is a little closer to the pedicel than the other illustration. it will start at the e. furrow and arch or slant toward the pedicel. Inside of the circle below is where the e. fusillae will be. that darker, denser hair that forms a little triangle. It does look male. that is it in a nutshell, really especially on the larger individuals like this one. some sp are easy some are harder to see it without an lighted eye lupe.
I will post an obvious one like b. smithi soon so you can easily see the differences.

take care, Dean

Last edited: