L. Parahybana or B. Smithi?

Nandi

Arachnopeon
Helo!
Some years ago I had a Parahybana. He was very tiny when I got it, and unfortunately later it turned out to be a male, so after last molt after 1 year he passed away... Now I wanna get a female tarantula but I can't decide between these two. I loved my Parahybana because he was very big and active before his adult molt. The smithi is not as big but it's very nice and calm, and have a long lifespan. Which one would you get?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
The smithi just does nothing for me, personally. I like lots of other Brachys, though.

If you liked the size and activity of the LP but might want something a little prettier, you could also consider a L. difficilis or L. klugi.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Depends on what your after, the parahybana will definitely grow much faster, and is very inexpensive. Both are really easy to take care of, but the Lp will probably eat more often, so if you enjoy feeding time keep that in mind. I'm guessing this will be your only tarantula? If your buying slings then the smithi will be small for a lot longer than the Lp. Although the smithi (soon to be hamorii) is more colourful it has its draw backs. Slower growth, lesser appetite and will most likely be less active, however they are both awesome species in their own right. I think you should get one of each to be safe.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Check out my avatar :) I also have three LP slings that are growing super fast. I have two B smithi slings that are pretty cool as well. I like both, but prefer Lp's for many reasons. Better price, faster growth, get larger, eat more, more active and I love the look of the lp. I have several colorful tarantulas, but something about my big girl lp stands out.