l. parahybana hair up my nose...

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Word of advice: Never ever lean in close to see something better in a l. parahybanas container..*sniff*....

I thought I saw a mite...and leaned in close to try and focus on what I thought was movement...well, next thing I know, there are hairs flying everywhere...*sniff* and an agitated l. parahybana with a new bald spot on its rear...and well, *sniff* to put it mildly....MAN DOES THE INSIDE of my nose burn....:}

and I won't be looking so closely any time soon.

Kim

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yikes! I hope the irritation doesn't last long. At least you didn't get any in your eyes.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Rapunzel,
How 'bout the time I opened my blondi's enclosure lid too quickly for her? She kicked a MASSIVE cloud of hair at me. I got it in my nose, and in my left eye..

Had a bloody nose for 20 minutes, and got a nice black eye. Everyone kept "razzing' me at work, asking,

"Hey! What's the other chick look like?"

To which I honestly replied..

"Pretty damn good. Although, she is missing a few hairs."
=D
Peace,
Gillian

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Gillian...

ROFL!!!

it really isnt funny, i guess...my nose is burning stilll really bad...and I cant make it stop...and my left eye is itchy and irritated, and so is my cheek/lip...so I think I may have got some there too..but I love your line...if I look a wreck tomorrow at school, mind if I borrow it for any comments I may get?

Of course, my L. parahybanaTitude is fine..I just went in my room, and looked in at it, THRU the glass, and it started scrambling around...it must have the tarantula version of PMS..it is usually much calmer.

Kim

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Kim,
Just reading this thread made me itch.:eek:
Really, I itch now.. The power of suggestion.

Ernie

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
At this time, I would like to state that I have no reaction whatsoever to urticating hair or poison ivy. Thank you. Thank you.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can identify with your pain. I did the very same thing a few months back with my L parahybana. My worst experience was with my Rosie though. It was in my throat and in my nose.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol, i'm sorry, but it does sound pretty funny :) I shall be sure to watch my inhalations when sticking my head in my Parahybana's enclosure.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well it is the next day...

and my nose is no longer burning, but it is stuffed, and my eye is red and looks like i was either crying very hard or smokin somethin illegal.
And lam,
I have terrible reactions to poison ivy...horrid horrid swelling and itching, same goes for poison oak...yup...put me out in a field or the woods and if there is anything poison growing, I am sure to find it. everytime. The hard way. Consider yourself extremly lucky.