L.Para slings - HELP

Tim St.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have 3 L.para slings (Pet holes) and None of the little buggers are eating iv tired every thing from cricket legs to a half a cricket i put it in over night and they wont come out to eat, i have also noticed little white bugs in the substrite, :?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Little white bugs could be harmless and maybe not. If there are a lot of them just change the substrate.
As for them not eating, slings dont have to eat all the much to get to the next molt. So maybe they are all three in premolt. As long as they look healthy there is not to much to worry about.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Change the substrate and containers. Don't keep them too moist, some of their substrate should be dry. Then find prey small enough to feed to them live. A week old crik or bigger should work. Live prey will trigger their feeding response. Good luck.

Tim St.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah the lil white guys are on the food not the slings, i think they are the cleaning crew, there are not any mites in canada i know of that will bother a t. iam going to catch one and put it under the microscope and id it. see if its harmful or not.

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I also have a L. parahybana sling. I have only one, but it also doesn't require alot of food. I try only once a week. It seems to be the trick. I try to see when it is going to molt, but it is alot harder with the little slings. Even if the white things are only on the prey, I would still rather be safer to change it all out. Maybe just me, but I would rather just do it and not find my little T's to be at risk for anything means. Maybe I am over cautious, but I have never had any trouble with being so. Just my opion on the matter. Good luck with your. My 2 big girls are 9 plus inches and around 5 inches now. You will love yours too........:)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have 3 L.para slings (Pet holes) and None of the little buggers are eating iv tired every thing from cricket legs to a half a cricket i put it in over night and they wont come out to eat, i have also noticed little white bugs in the substrite, :?

What kind of substrate are you using? I find that bed-a-beast, junglemix, etc. have harmless mites in them. Anyways, just let the little guys stay in there holes, they'll be more visible when they got older. They could be in premolt, you'll find that they'll be in that alot, since they grow so fast!