L para enclosure need more ventilation?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
The air conditioning just got turned on so I noticed lots of condensation. This tank has only been in use a year or less for this spider. Again all I got to do is remove the spider if more holes are needed.
perhaps add a little deeper substrate in the front ?
ACB6BA79-7790-4191-9FF3-F631703D7AE9.jpeg 701BFBC7-71A4-4113-84AF-B96294CE38AD.jpeg 5938919D-64D0-4842-883D-23CABBC852AF.jpeg

CutThroat Kid

Arachnoknight
I would add more ventilation, condensation just adds up to grime and cloudy glass. A couple more holes should do it. Cross ventilation flow really helps if you can integrate it.

What are you using for the substrate with white specs in it? Your T is looking kind of stressed with that bald spot and almost like it's avoiding standing on the substrate.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I would add more ventilation, condensation just adds up to grime and cloudy glass. A couple more holes should do it. Cross ventilation flow really helps if you can integrate it.

What are you using for the substrate with white specs in it? Your T is looking kind of stressed with that bald spot and almost like it's avoiding standing on the substrate.
That’s perlite people said it’s safe to use , but I have enough eco earth I can just cover it up . Its last enclosure was top soil and bone dry so it’s probably not used to the humidity?
it was in a 20 gal long , I didn’t think the spider was big enough for that tank. It had far better ventilation tho . It’s simple to add more holes I got a I think titanium drill bit or it’s a goldish color seems to drill acrylic fine .
She lost some hairs during the last rehouse , I think this one is female I’ll check the next molt to be sure. Molted like 6 months ago not sure what I did with the molt. Prob tossed it lol oops .

Last edited:

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
They do fine with little ventilation but in this case you are toeing the edge for sure

mess up with watering or simply having it molt & grow might already be enough

i'd more than double it, especially if you can't add side ventilation

a row of 7 holes, just above the sustrate on the far-side with the lid would be ideal...

may i ask, did you inherit the account or were you just not keeping spiders all these years?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
They do fine with little ventilation but in this case you are toeing the edge for sure

mess up with watering or simply having it molt & grow might already be enough

i'd more than double it, especially if you can't add side ventilation

a row of 7 holes, just above the sustrate on the far-side with the lid would be ideal...

may i ask, did you inherit the account or were you just not keeping spiders all these years?
No I’ve been keeping them since before I joined here. Mostly easy basic species not much advanced stuff .
I’m new to these plexiglass lids only my newest cages have them 4-5 of them one had a bad crack so I didn’t use it Gotta repair it somehow. E0BBF3C4-79E1-4C8D-B3B9-C38864E985A7.jpeg FF5D0035-C804-44E7-8892-04578B92C571.jpeg 7E3441DC-E500-4AC5-AB93-0CA958561F2E.jpeg [
Now it just seems I didn’t drill enough holes. This tank was out of use for a year or two. Never had any issues before With IT , til now. I’d prefer all my lids be plexi but I’m low on money right now and I gotta re learn how to make them .
Upgraded lid new holes I drilled , after removing the spider and putting it back in .
Any idea how to repair the hinge in this 1st pic ? Before it eventually fails .

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
i see

not sure, but the amount of ventilation looks much better already even if it is not symetrical
Yeah I wanted to drill it like this but I gotta Stabilize or fix that hinge or I risk cracking the plexi because it’s unstable in the middle we’re I marked yellow .
Prob a more appropriate sized tank then the 20 long no idea why I bought that tank . It was only in there for a year or two I probably would’ve kept it in there but I had to switch bedrooms. I had to throw away my substrate just to move it , it was like 80+ pounds of top soil .
4226DB0D-310F-4462-9EEC-69351707038E.jpeg

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
i see

not sure, but the amount of ventilation looks much better already even if it is not symetrical
Got it closer to symmetrical. And deeper substrate not that it was even walking much on the sub , covered up half the perlite or more with eco earth. Gotta repair the hinges eventually but they should work fine for a year or two or longer.
FCF4E267-172F-4609-80FB-DA06D45929D8.jpeg A8D8C4A2-2E96-4ACF-91B9-4DAF0723FCBE.jpeg 00EA4133-F9F5-4078-92F7-B4D493969546.jpeg B3E51806-3FE1-49BE-940E-BA09F9D0DD6F.jpeg

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter

Seems to have worked no more condensation or the beginning of mold forming anymore . I didn’t want to disturb the spider this time so got pic with the lid on , in same spot it picked originally few posts above ⬆ , do you think I should move the lower second water dish ? IMG_2058.jpeg IMG_2057.jpeg .