Kugellager's Tarantula Pics

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, such a gorgeous black. Mine just molted a few days ago!! Woohoo! I'm so happy, she is beautiful. Anyhoo...I can't the epig. fur. very well from that pic. If you could get one of just that area I would be more than happy to check it out for ya.

In Him,
Eph.

T

Tarantula

If it is a male then it sure is going to look extremely different when it molts into maturity. Every single picture of a male Suntiger that I have ever seen is more green and reminiscent of a P cambridgei. It is very strange.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester
Arachnosupporter
G.rosea pics

Here are some pics of my freshly molted G.rosea. I am amazed at how red the cephalothorax is. I have not adjusted the color at all. The fourth pic with the white background was adjusted for brightness as it was dark before adjusted...damn electric eye.

John
];')

Attachments

Last edited:

Kugellager

ArachnoJester
Arachnosupporter
Here is a pic of my new A.versicolor sling. Actual size is about 1 1/4 inches long.

John
];')

EDIT: The sling molted on Wednesday, 2/18/03 :D

Attachments

Last edited:

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lovely pictures! :) I especially love the rosea. As long as I live, I will always have a Rosie. They may be the most common tarantula, but they certainly aren't plain!

kellygirl

Kugellager

ArachnoJester
Arachnosupporter
Thanks Amun,

The ones on the black calci-sand definitely came out better than on the white calci-sand. The white is much harder to adjust for the exposure and many of the digital photos taken on the white come out a bit on the dark side. Its fairly easy to fix this with photoshop but I feel you loose a bit of the detail. If there is flash or a lot of extra light it works better.

I use two 12'' diameter deli-type containers only for photography, one with white sand one with black...I don't keep my T's on it in case anyone was wondering.

John
];')

Mad Scientist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What kind of camera do you use? Canon, Kodak, etc. ?

Last edited:

Kugellager

ArachnoJester
Arachnosupporter
For the P.irminia and the A.versicolor pics, Atrax's camera was used. It is a 2 megapixel Sony...I for get the model. For the G.rosea and the P.reduncus I used my JVC video camera which only has a resolution of 680k pixels for the still photo capability...I am planning on getting a 5 megapixel camera in the near future(probably the Nikon 5700)...Then I will be able to go for some of the super close-ups.

John
];')

Mad Scientist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ours is a Kodak EasyShare DX3700 ,

3.1 megapixel
3x zoom
8mb internal memory

If I remember right.

The one problem w/ it is the lithium battery it only last 20 photos and we have to buy another.

Eric

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Excellent John! I can't wait to see it in person. Check witcha this weekend bro! :)

Atrax

Kugellager

ArachnoJester
Arachnosupporter
Here are two new pics. The first pic is my male P.irminia which I intend to attempt to mate with the female in the above pics. The second is of my male Eupalaestrus weijenberghi, which if anyone has a female, I am also interested in mating but have no female.

John

Attachments

Kugellager

ArachnoJester
Arachnosupporter
Well, here is my new A.avicularia I just got today. I was told it molted during shipping. I took this pic with my new Digital camera...still trying to get used to focusing in macro.

UPDATE: Also deceased about two weeks after I got it...that dang white crusty stuff around the mouth death.

John
];')

Attachments

Last edited: