Kugellagers Scorpions

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
One of my deceased Grophus flavopiceus. Though should have more by Fri thanks to Pat. Body length is between 1/2 and 3/4 inches long not including telson.

Attachments

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Another G. flavopiceus pic. These are some wicked little scorps. They were juvies at that size by the way. Adults are about 2-2.5 inches length.

Attachments

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Here is a pic of my deceased Hadrurus arizonensis pallidus under the black light. Note how the digital camera responded to the UV lighting. I haven't tweaked the colors at all. I have noticed the camera has a little light amplification ability....this may have caused the color.

Attachments

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Here is the onlt decent pic I have of my Opistophthalmus sp. (boehmi?) . It is about 3.5-4 inches in total length.

Attachments

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Here is a pic of my Noodleheadus lococaninus Giant Colorado Furry scorp. :D Its the only one with a name. It is also the onle one I handle...in fact he is so docile I don't even put him in a cage. Noodle.

Attachments

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Hey John

Hey,

Those are some nice looking scorps you have there. :)

Debby

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
John,

Nice pics! What is the LD50 for the Nooodleheadus?

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Dave,

The LD50 of the Noodleheadus depends on whether or not he has consumed cat droppings in the last 24hrs on one of his bi-daily walks.:rolleyes:

AKA: He farts like ones granfather on Mylanta :8o

John
}:)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Isn't there also the drowning by drool factor when dealing with that species as well?

Scott ;)

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Yes Scott,

You are correct. Some varieties of this family of species are capable of extruding copious amounts of a foamy slimy liquid from their mouth but not enough study has been done to determine if it is dangerous. The Noodleheadus genus emits little of this substance.

However, one important keeping strategy for this variety is to NEVER mist it or leave it out in the rain as it will emit a horrid wet-dog odor as a warning. Substrate can be anything the Noodleheadus chooses. Of course this only applies only when the owner is not home. Well...actually...it doesn't...I'm a softy...:D

John

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey John, I understand that the Noodleheadus has been known to have a very energentic reaction to laser light. Have you observed any of this behavior? :?

Atrax

P.S. Great pics by the way!

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
laser light and mirror fun!

this whole thread has me LMAO!!!
I take care of a Goldenious Retrievinous daily, and the entire 1/2 hour visit is spent with this particular specimen madly chasing mirror reflections (if it's sunny), and laser light beams (if cloudy)
This is the most bizarre behaviour I have observed with this species...can anyone else corroborate this behaviour with their specimens?!

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Gary and IM,

You are both correct, Noodleheadus lococaninus and especially the Goldenious Retrievinous are well know to respond to laser light. The Noodleheadus has also been found to be extremely responsive to reflections from various objects such as CD cases and the sun reflecting off of dish water etc.

It is a behavior, though well studied by many of us :D, that is not entirely understood and sometimes perplexing :? to me in particular. It may infact be related to the pesky ;P squirrel behavior that the Caninus family sometimes exhibits. This is sometimes know as the pesky ;P feline behavoir as well. The Caninus will ambulate back and forth =D in an interesting display...sometimes producing copious the aformentioned slimy foamy excreation.

This family of related behaviors needs more detailed observation and study.

John

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Here is one of two Grosphus scorps I got yesterday from Pat. This frist one I believe to be a male Grosphus madagascarensis. Its about 2 inches long. These guys are communal. I believe all Grosphus are.

Attachments

Kugellager

Arachnosupporter
Here is the second Grosphus madagascarensis...this one I believe is a female. As you can see they are both chowing down on some yummy crickets.

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
John,

Your new scorps are gluttons. They're as bad as me at an all-you-can eat joint. ;)

Cheers,
Dave