KOI Pond Winterization

Ant Worker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, how big are these fish now? Size when bought/now? Koi should be large by now. Even if they aren't your priority, they are still living breathing beings, who depend on your care to survive.

thisgal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Look, I'm not trying to start anything here. I do have alot of stress in my life right now, but I'd never let any of my pets suffer as a result.

Okay, I just checked with my dad, and apparently only one of the two fish is actually a koi. He went to walmart after the female with the tumor died a few years ago and got a couple of feeder goldfish (the stupid cat got one :mad: ). So, we have one koi that we have had for five years, and it's 7.5 inches long. I don't know how small it was when we got it: I was in junior high and I didn't really care back then. We also have a feeder goldfish, purchased at 1.5 inches long three years ago, who is now 6 inches long. Wow. The outdoor pond, in West Virginia, is 55-60 gallons.

Okay, if you honestly think the one koi we have is physically suffering in any way, you're more than welcome to come and get him. I think both our fish are fine, and you don't even want to know what else I have to deal with right now.

Seriously, though; I don't know who you are or where you live, but I've seen some of your previous posts, antworker, and I know you can be a bit aggressive. The offer to "save" my fish, if you really think they need it, is wide open. I have to go to court tomorrow to have my ten month old niece's future determined for her, but if you're still concerned and interested, PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Ant Worker

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm sorry I wasn't trying to offend you, just trying to offer the best advice on caring for your fish. Sorry, I'm not near you, so I can't come get it, nor do I have a pond either.