Kochiana brunnipes and Cyriocosmus elegans coming my way...

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Very excited about my new purchases. A sub-adult female Kochiana brunnipes and a Cyriocosmus elegans sling. Should be a nice addition to go along side my Hapalopus sp. "Columbia" large sling. As I have exhausted the search function, I am curious how moist, dry their substrate should be kept? The slings sub should be moist for a while Im sure like most slings. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I always kept my Cyriocosmus elegans substrate moist (not swampy), especially as a sling. I would continue to keep it on the hydrated side as an adult too, though, because they don't have a water dish and drink droplets or moisture from the soil.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have an adult C.elegans and two 1/2" K.brunnipes spiderlings. I also have spiderlings of C.ritae, C.leetzi and a juvenile C. perezmilesi. All of them have a water dish in their enclosures. I overflow the water dish in the C.elegans enclosure and I trickle water down the side for all the others every few days. I treat them like all other spiderlings.
I really love the dwarfs, but they are burrowers and I rarely see them. They are very fast and have a habit of shooting up out of their burrows when their webbing is disturbed on the surface. Be prepared for that.
You are going to love them. They are stunning as both spiderlings and adults.
My C.elegans adult female.
DSC00636-2.jpg
One of the K.brunnipes youngsters.
DSC03432-2.jpg

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Sounds like the way I have been keeping my Hapalopus sp. Large sling will do just fine for these. I feed it when it has left its burrow. Good thing I like burrowers.