king baboons

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
who all here has king baboons and how hard are they to keep the bigger list comes in tomorow and I'm thinking of ordering around four new T's. I know I'm getting a PZB, probably a King Baboon, and I'll take suggestions on the other two. I need common names because the sci names aren't on the order sheet.

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
allmost forgot, I allready have
1 T. blondi
1 H. maculata
1 A. avic
1 P. Murinus
1 C. faciatum
1 B. angustum
2 G. rosea
this list usually has around twenty or so different species on it so I should be able to get most of the more common species.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If L.Parahybana(brazilian Salmon pink birdeater) is on the list you gotta get one they are my personal favorite and every collection should have one imo

sean

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
oh i almost forgot, i have had a king baboon if your getting a sling your going to have to wait awhile for them to get bigger because there really slow growing but there a pretty cool T

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no I'm gonna get an adult. and aren't L. parahybana supposed to get a longer legspan than a T. blondi. and how hard are they to keep

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have a small king baboon, about an inch and a quarter. She (hopefully!) spend all of her time underground. Fortunately, she has burrowed along the sides of the container and I can see her by shining a flashlight in her tunnels.
They are one of my favorite tarantulas, great size, great attitude, just an impressive tarantula.
I can't wait for mine to grow, but I know they are extremely slow growers, so I don't expect her to have an size for at least 3 more years.
Ralph

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
king baboons are great! Most of mine are crazy burrowers, but i see them out and about!

but def. get a parahybana.. I'd say (personally) go for some slings -- its a great experience raising them, and you really get to know their quirks.. also you have them for a longer amount of time (depending / usually / generally / theoretically =D ).

but good luck if you get the King Baboon! Its a GREAT T!!!!
but get a parahybana if you can man!!! and also an Irminia and a Pulcher if you can... and any Poecs are great too! And maybe a gigas :) ah get em all!

good luck!
peace

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
I'm also thinking about getting a king baboon.
I just have to find the room for 1 more:):p

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
King Baboons are a great species, occasionally you will see them out but most of their time is spent underground. Just give them enough substrate to burrow and they're easy to keep. I agree with everyone on the parahybana they are awesome. Almost always in full view and they eat like pigs!!

Andy

cweg

Arachnopeon
I've had my KB for about 5 years. She is now about 6" legspan.
Stays in her hole most of the time. Just started putting on some size in the last 2 molts. See her at the entrance to her hole sometime late at night. Give plenty of deep substrate.