King baboon new home

Aaronsp10

ARACHNERD
So not the ideal containeer for slings... lol will my split nano enclosure harm my spiders? Perhaps ill get another

Here are a few more photos
the divider is siliconed in place. the tape is to make sure there is a good seal where the door opens between the two sides

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
So not the ideal containeer for slings... lol will my split nano enclosure harm my spiders?
It won't harm them directly, but it's a risky situation, especially when working with fast flighty arboreals like P.metallica. What happens when you open the glass door, and somehow your P.metallica sling bolts to the other side and into the P.muticus side? Bad situation...

I remember reading some older threads one in particular about someone who kept Ts in a cage with a divider and one day his L.parahybana ended up munching his P.murinus.The other thing is now whenever you open the enclosure for any kind of maintenance you have two spiders to watch instead of one. I think if anything its just less convenient and more risky keeping them this way.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
did she dig that out herself? did you place her in the deli cup with that much matterial and she dug?
Just get a 32oz deli cup, add substrate and a small water dish (bottle cap) and let your P. muticus become a "pet hole". This is an obligate burrower, which will dig all by itself. Be warned though, this a slow grower and will be rather small for a long while.

That being said, if you haven't already noticed, most of use who have been around a while know what we are talking about. Take the advice, ask questions and enjoy your new T!

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Take the exo and save it for when your Pokie gets appropriately sized. Put them both in 32oz deli cups, the muticus with a lot of dirt and the Pokie with a little dirt and a piece of cork bark to hide and sit on. the Pokie will grow fast, the muticus will grow at a glacial pace. Both are awesome. Don't get bit, they are some of the worst.

Aaronsp10

ARACHNERD
okay heading to find a new enclosure.. there has to be something that looks better sitting on the desk than a deli cup though...

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Welcome to Ts!

Divided enclosures are bad news, great for escapes, great for one T to turn the other into a snack.

As you are new to T ownership, an Old World species, such as P. metallica (aka Gooty) is the WORST choice. All things being equal, the metallica will outgrow your skills. Also, P. metallica and most Asian arboreals are exceedingly fast. My friend, a man with decades of tarantula experience (including breeding P metallica) and venomous snakes too, had a P metallica go up his right arm, across his shoulders down his left arm before he could blink and have time to react. This MAY or MAY NOT be the type of tarantula you want to own.

Poki venom is medically significant. It's the type of venom that has put grown men in hospitals due to strong muscle spasms and heart beating irregularities, these are all documented in the medical literature. That's something to consider as well.

Avics aren't a great beginner species either, they have a narrow tolerance for husbandry errors. Don't read care sheets- care sheets kill Avics.

I will say if you are hell bent on owning an arboreal because you cannot control yourself, the better choice is an Avic. There is tons of Avic info on here, and quite a few Avic enthusiasts like myself on here. If you choose an Avic, do yourself a favor and get one that is least 2". Anything less is not forgiving of husbandry errors.

Regarding your Exo. you CAN use it for a terrestrial with a SLIGHT mod- here's what to do http://arachnoboards.com/threads/ex...rom-arboreal-to-terrestrial-pic-heavy.259864/

Also, if used for an arboreal, put acrylic under the screen (small drilled holes) as Ts tarsal claws cause them to get stuck on screen. No need to find an exhausted T hanging/dead or missing leg when you come home.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
okay heading to find a new enclosure.. there has to be something that looks better sitting on the desk than a deli cup though...
There isn't something affordable (less than $40), unless you buy something and modify it. It's a fact about the T hobby.

You will see more modified food/sterilite containers than anything else.

Last edited:

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
The deli cups are the size you need.
You can use the deli cups until you find something that size, that you find more appealing.

Icculus

Arachnosquire

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod

Heresy! I've said "For the P.muticus" not for a Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her)

A P.muticus sling isn't written that would turn into a Goddess. Chances that would become a 1.0 sex slave for grant the perpetual continuation of our Lady are high.

They can into 'spartan', therefore u_u

Walker253

Arachnobaron
If you're in an area with a Container Store, look for an Amac box. You can buy from them online too. They're cheap too

Icculus

Arachnosquire
Heresy! I've said "For the P.muticus" not for a Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her)

A P.muticus sling isn't written that would turn into a Goddess. Chances that would become a 1.0 sex slave for grant the perpetual continuation of our Lady are high.

They can into 'spartan', therefore u_u
Well that was quick:). You have a very good point and I feel alot better about your devotion. I myself would never take that risk. All are treated as Queens until they prove to be unworthy. That way I will not have to beg for forgiveness for Her previous conditions:angelic:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well that was quick:). You have a very good point and I feel alot better about your devotion. I myself would never take that risk. All are treated as Queens until they prove to be unworthy. That way I will not have to beg for forgiveness for Her previous conditions:angelic:
Bravo! Praise the Goddess!

Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) theme vol. 654

Aaronsp10

ARACHNERD
Still havent peeled myself off the computer to go shoping haha. I have this laying around for crickets, would something this size still be too large

Attachments

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Still havent peeled myself off the computer to go shoping haha. I have this laying around for crickets, would something this size still be too large
Get a pic of your sling and it will be easier to judge, but it's likely too large if your sling is small.