King Baboon escaped

pizda

Arachnopeon
Hi. So this is what happened:

I went away for 6 months and told my mother to take care of my tarantulas until I come back. Everything was going fine until one day (cant really remember when, but probably around 3 months ago) my mom said that my King Baboon escaped. Lucky, they found her and placed her back to her enclosure. Yesterday I came back and found out that what is now in the enclosure is a G. pulchripes and I have no idea where she came from.

So this is my guess: King Baboon escaped and somehow, my mom found a some stray or escapee golden knee and, thinking that it was the escaped baboon, placed her in the enclosure.

So my questions are: 1) what are the chances that the baboon is still alive (its probably around 3.5 when it got away), 2) any ideas on how I can find her (if shes still alive).

Any help would be much appreciated.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Hi. So this is what happened:

I went away for 6 months and told my mother to take care of my tarantulas until I come back. Everything was going fine until one day (cant really remember when, but probably around 3 months ago) my mom said that my King Baboon escaped. Lucky, they found her and placed her back to her enclosure. Yesterday I came back and found out that what is now in the enclosure is a G. pulchripes and I have no idea where she came from.

So this is my guess: King Baboon escaped and somehow, my mom found a some stray or escapee golden knee and, thinking that it was the escaped baboon, placed her in the enclosure.

So my questions are: 1) what are the chances that the baboon is still alive (its probably around 3.5 when it got away), 2) any ideas on how I can find her (if shes still alive).

Any help would be much appreciated.
They can go without much for quite a long time. It could be still be around, so I would turn your house unsidedown u til you are sure it isn't there or you find it. At least you got 1 T back, how did all these T's escape in the first place? Just seems strange. Did you have a G. pulchripes ever? Seems strange, but you should find it if it's inside. If outside, then good luck.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Uhm, did you own a G. pulchripes that might have been mixed up with the P. muticus? Otherwise, I can´t see it as plausible that your muticus escaped at the very same time as a random G. pulchripes happened to be taking a stroll, somewhere in the Philippines...

Anyways, if it did escape three months ago, it might very well be alive somewhere, but the chances of you finding it is close to none. Maybe it will show up at the very house the G. pulchripes escaped from :troll:

TarantulaObsession

Arachnosquire
That's quite a story. Just keep looking, under all clothes, dressers, beds, cabinets, refrigerator, everything it could get in or under. Just keep in mind that it could be dead or outside somewhere.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
:banghead:

This is a disgrace! A potentially Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH -- Peace Be Upon Her () escaped :-(

My heart is with that poor lovely that no one know where she is. I have to restart my day after this horrible, sad, painful story.

And btw a G.pulchripes that jumped out of nowhere? Such a bizarre scenario.

pizda

Arachnopeon
I seriously have no idea where the golden knee came from. I have 3 golden knees and they are all in their respective enclosures. I really feel bad about the King baboon. I was pretty sure she was a female too. :(

Another theory: (and i really hope this is not what happened) My mom said that she didnt actually saw the baboon escaped. She simply assumed that it did because the opening was slightly open. So it is possible that the baboon was still in there when my mom placed the golden knee. goddamnit

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
You should check :) Hopefully they are both alive, is the Golden knee still in the Goddess enclosure? Maybe they just stayed away from each other?

Last edited:

pizda

Arachnopeon
Uhm, did you own a G. pulchripes that might have been mixed up with the P. muticus? Otherwise, I can´t see it as plausible that your muticus escaped at the very same time as a random G. pulchripes happened to be taking a stroll, somewhere in the Philippines...

Anyways, if it did escape three months ago, it might very well be alive somewhere, but the chances of you finding it is close to none. Maybe it will show up at the very house the G. pulchripes escaped from :troll:
I have golden knees but im pretty sure that what I had in that particular enclosure was a P. muticus. It was very orange and had thck back-legs even as a juvenile.

Whh don't you check? Hopefully they are both alive, is the Golden knee still in the Goddess enclosure? Maybe they just stayed away from each other?
I did. I didnt find any after a lot of digging. :(

Hydrazine

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Or your mother accidentally killed the KB or let it escape, then tried to cover it all up like parents secretly replace dead hamsters and gerbils, but simply got the wrong species.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
had thck back-legs
!!!!!!!!

So a Goddess without further doubts! Hurry up. Search. Dig. Go the extra mile. Ask President Rodrigo Duterte, if needed. We are talking about the Goddess and a devoted humble Priest of the Goddess always act without a second thought.

I'm sorry but I don't have yet the power to teleport from south western Lombardy to Philippines so you will have my 'Master Miller' advices only :-/

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Or your mother accidentally killed the KB or let it escape, then tried to cover it all up like parents secretly replace dead hamsters and gerbils, but simply got the wrong species.
I'm willing to bet this is what happened. That's just the sort of thing a worried mother would do. "Oh crap, killed the spider... well I'll get another one, he'll never know... hey this one looks just like the ones he has, I'll buy it..."

pizda

Arachnopeon
I'm willing to bet this is what happened. That's just the sort of thing a worried mother would do. "Oh crap, killed the spider... well I'll get another one, he'll never know... hey this one looks just like the ones he has, I'll buy it..."
Nah. My mom doesnt know where to buy them. And even if she did she wouldnt do that. I also lost a colony of dubias while I was away. If she tried to replace the baboon, she would have replaced the colony as well. And also, she wouldnt have told me that the baboon escaped. And also, if the baboon died under her care she would have GLADLY told me. She secretly hates these things. lol

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Exactly why I would never let anyone that was afraid of them take care of them (don't know your mom, but it really does suck). Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Did you ask her? I know she said otherwise, but she might tell you if you push the issue. Still can't believe it if that actually happened. Unbelievable...

Tygarys

Arachnopeon
Or your mom went to the pet store and and got the golden knee to replace it. Parents have been doing that for years. :)

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Nah. My mom doesnt know where to buy them. And even if she did she wouldnt do that. I also lost a colony of dubias while I was away. If she tried to replace the baboon, she would have replaced the colony as well. And also, she wouldnt have told me that the baboon escaped. And also, if the baboon died under her care she would have GLADLY told me. She secretly hates these things. lol
Disregard my last post, makes me a little weird when a mom would be glad to tell the kid they killed their pet... maybe you could get another?

pizda

Arachnopeon
Exactly why I would never let anyone that was afraid of them take care of them (don't know your mom, but it really does suck). Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Did you ask her? I know she said otherwise, but she might tell you if you push the issue. Still can't believe it if that actually happened. Unbelievable...
She is not afraid of them. That's exactly why I left them to her. And although she doesnt like them, shes actually quite proud in showing them off whenever there are guests.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
She is not afraid of them. That's exactly why I left them to her. And although she doesnt like them, shes actually quite proud in showing them off whenever there are guests.
Awesome then! Love to do that too :D Beautiful animals ;)

pizda

Arachnopeon
Disregard my last post, makes me a little weird when a mom would be glad to tell the kid they killed their pet... maybe you could get another?
Yeah Ill probably buy another king. I was really looking forward to seeing her when i got back. :(

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Wait...so a G. pulchripes was just sort of wandering around and she happened to find it after the P. muticus escaped ? This is a really weird story, man.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
Move the G. pulchripes, claim that it escaped, and watch the King Baboon suddenly reappear :D