King Baboon Bathing?

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At the local exotic pets store they have a C crawshayi and it is less than an inch. Yesterday I noticed that the owner of the store placed a water dish in there. I thought this was strange because that spider is so small and a waterdish seems a bit much. But, the spider was in the water walking around and sitting in it. Moe, the owner, says that it does this everyday around the same time. Is this spider bathing?

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

my pinktoe acts just like what you are describing! It sure is bathing! How much do they have it for? Very CUTE!! lol!

James

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The humidity is to low, so the T sits in it's water dish to to get the higher humidity it needs.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It looks so strange though because the water dish is a few inches wide and the spider is only the size of a house spider. It looks like it coudl drown but it doesnt it just runs around in the water.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know it strange at that size. Does pet shop keep the substrate moist? If it does then I'm thrown for a loop.:confused:

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmm King Baboons are not T's that require a lot of humidity. Then again it is a sling.