Kid with Cobra

osKar

Arachnopeon
That makes me sick. :mad:

My boyfriend and I saw a Steve Irwin (RIP) special one night, and he was out searching for cobras. He came across "snake charmers" that had removed the fangs from the cobras, which is totally and completely inhumane to do for the purpose of entertainment. He even stood there in front of them and spoke to the camera in english about how terrible it was. In that video, the mouth of the cobra doesn't even open when it strikes the baby. It may be a very dangerous reptile, but it still has rights as a living creature. Moreover, it poses no threat to humans if left ALONE.

I'd like to get my hands on whomever sewed that cobra's mouth shut. They just may wake up to the surprise of not being able to open their mouth. :mad:

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea i think they have its mouth sewn shut. How dumb can people get? Some day a cobra will break the sowing and the sower will get bit and it will serve them right!!!!!

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Education is the key :mad: but that does no way justifie what they done, that is just sick and makes me mad

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is sick beyond belief. That poor snake died a long and painful death, not to mention that things was extremely stressed by that childs precence.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I want to slap all those people laughing in the background too. What a poor little snake. It's sad to torture such a beautiful animal like that.:mad:

Yuki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well.. I feel really bad for the snake... but sadder for the people... they don't know what they are doing, they just know that this makes money.. I don't think they really undersand how much they are hurting the snake and that there are better ways to make money.. and they need to learn that even tho they have been doing this for years does not make it right... I hope they will learn better ways to get money..

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is one of the most dispicable things I have ever seen. I don't know who to feel sorry for the most, the snake or the baby. It just goes to show you that some people should never have children never mind pets.

I hope whoever is responsible for the baby and the snake rott in hell.

Tom

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whether the snake's mouth was sewn or it was defanged, I still think it's stupid to put a baby so close to a venomous animal. It's sad to see the way alot of countries treat there native wildlife. I also believe this is the reason why alot of species become extinct in the wild.

Interesting movie that shows how misunderstood the animals being filmed really are.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lose - lose

i feel sorry that in other parts of the word people have to do debased things to make money.. i think that if my family was starving to death and i had NO other option, then MAYBE i would... but even at that i would be able to find something else to raise a few bucks... it's just an over all bad situation where no one wins.

the only people i am really mad at is the people who think this is entertainment.. those people honestly diserve to die :evil: i suffer no one like that.

ZoSoLp510

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd like to get my hands on whomever sewed that cobra's mouth shut. They just may wake up to the surprise of not being able to open their mouth. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Ya know, the Jivaro people of Ecuador (famous for their reduced human heads), believe that sewing an enemy's mouth and eyes shut traps the persons soul inside. Their spirit can never enter the afterlife.

So theoretically, if you were to find whoever did that to the cobra, and do the same to them, you could not only prevent them from advancing to the next life, but you could also take posession of their soul! ;P

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i thought snakes could regrow fangs

They don't just break out the fangs, which CAN regrow, but they mutilate the jaw bones, cutting deep into the tissue, so that the fangs have nothing to regrow FROM. This snake in the video has had its mouth sewn shut, since you can see the mouth does not open when the snake strikes. It is a horrible way for an animal to die. Throughout much of India, this sort of "snake charming" has actually been made illegal, but I read an article not long ago that some areas were allowing it to return, because the snake "charmer" couldn't make a living any other way and were switching to selling illegal drugs and other black market items, or to petty thievery, to survive. Not only is this video depicting animal cruelty, but what about the baby? I do not in any way advocate that children be taught to indiscriminately fear snakes, anymore so than they should be afraid of all dogs or all people, for that matter, but this is going to put into that kid's head that a snake cannot hurt him and is fun to play with. What will happen when he encounters a wild, unmutilated cobra? Is it any wonder that the incidence of venomous and often-lethal snakebite is so high in this country?

pitbulllady

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is sick. I can't believe someone would willingly place a child that near a cobra (even if the poor thing had been defanged and/or had its mouth stitched shut) much less stand back and film it.
It makes sense in a way though. This person (and I use the term loosely) finds no problem with putting their child in a possibly dangerous situation, why would they care about abusing a snake?
This "person" shouldn't be allowed around children or animals at all, ever.