khao lak, southern Thailand(haplopelma sp)

ornata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello

took this pictures in khao lak, southern thailand:)

Hade many more, but I manage to loose the memory brick:(

I hade many more photos of another Haplopelma sp.(same) and some nice big adult hetromterus sp(they are quit common there, saw maybe 5 adults)., same sp as the first picture!!
Also hade som nice pictures of true spiders, two snakes and a colugo......It was really SAD that I lost them!!!!!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow great finds! How did you manage to get that Hapopelma spp. out without breaking it's burrow. Flood, luring?

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello Ornata!

What an interesting bird!

And really a nice Ornithoctoninae indeed!

ornata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello Ornata!

What an interesting bird!

And really a nice Ornithoctoninae indeed!
Isent it a Haplopelma sp., I thought maybe it was a Haplopelma (possible minax)!?

If it is a Ornithoctoninae, do you know which species?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ornithoctoninae is a sub family of tarantula which contains Haplopelma,Lampropelma and Ornithoctonus genuses amongst others

ornata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow great finds! How did you manage to get that Hapopelma spp. out without breaking it's burrow. Flood, luring?
I took the pictures at night time, so the tarantula was resting outside its burrow:)

I also saw many smaller specimens, but it was very hard to finde the adults,and I only saw to adult burrows during the hole trip(to weeks)

cheers

ornata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ornithoctoninae is a sub family of tarantula which contains Haplopelma,Lampropelma and Ornithoctonus genuses amongst others
sorry,I read wrong:wall:

I thought about the genus ornithoctonus......sorry!!!!
(I know about the 13 subfamilys)

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice pictures!
The tarantula looks alot like a Ornithoctonus aureotibialis

Dr. John

Arachnopeon
Hello Ornata ,

The spider is most likely Ornithoctonus aureotibialis . It's the most common species of tarantula in that area . Very nice pictures !

Dr. John

ornata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thank you all:)

But You should have seen the rest, had some more good photos of wildlife(more tarantulas and hetrometerus sp.,possible spinifer)

I must travel back sometime, and replase the lost photos:)

ornata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello Ornata ,

The spider is most likely Ornithoctonus aureotibialis. It's the most common species of tarantula in that area . Very nice pictures !

Dr. John
I asked Rick West before my trip, and he told me that it was possible to finde haplopelma in that area, but when i google Ornithoctonus aureotibialis, it seems to me that you are right:)

Thanks

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
awesome pics!thanks for sharing.i love the O.aureotibialis :D

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Love the pics...looks like a fun place to go bug hunting.... thanks for sharing!