keeping diferant species of roach together?

HepCatMoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
keeping diferant species of roach together? (and other roach questions)

keeping diferant species of roaches in the same container... does it work? will they eat each other? will they eat each others nymphs?

i already have discoids, but im looking for another species. i would like to have them be non climbers, non fliers, slow moving, not stinky, not poisoness (its gonna be a feeder) and from a diferant genus than my blaberus discoids. i have no problem keeping them seperately if needed. any ideas?

i dont mind if they are slow breeders. ill feed the discoids mainly, and use this other one just for variety. wich is also why i want a diferant genus. i figure the less related it is to the discoids the more diferant it will be nutritionaly.

anyways, i welcome any suggestions.

Last edited:

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I've had success mixing Turkistans with orange heads once, and also mixing lobsters with giant caves (they've been together for three years, now!).

Just keep an eye on them for the first month or better, and you should be fine.

william

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
b.dubias are great feeders.they are the only roaches i will keep.

Aquanut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would think dubias would be fine to mix with discooids. I had several dubias flutter into the discoiods, never noticed anything that looked like a hybrid. As long as its not a Blaberus genus i would think youd be fine.

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep my B. fumigata (cuban burrowing) with my B. dubia. I'm also thinking Byrsotria maybe more closely related with Blaptica than previously because upon introduction, my Byrsotria were trying to court my Blaptica females. Though no Blaptica were interested. {D

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I keep discoids and dubia together. Do not mix lobsters with hissers and just be careful when mixing lobsters in general, lobsters tend to outcompete a lot of other species.