K.hibernalis

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are in the 4th most primitive araneomorph family, strange how quite a few of the primitive spiders hapily co habitate and the further up the chart you get the less they seem to.
a la platnick?
http://research.amnh.org/entomology/spiders/catalog/INTRO3.html said:
Order Taxonomic
1 Liphistiidae

2 Atypidae
3 Antrodiaetidae
4 Mecicobothriidae
5 Hexathelidae
6 Dipluridae
7 Cyrtaucheniidae
8 Ctenizidae
9 Idiopidae
10 Actinopodidae
11 Migidae
12 Nemesiidae
13 Microstigmatidae
14 Barychelidae
15 Theraphosidae
16 Paratropididae

17 Hypochilidae
18 Austrochilidae
19 Gradungulidae
20 Filistatidae
makes me want to look up 17-19 to see if i have any local

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They also will mimick a tarantulas threat display to-when you find one stressed out in a jar after a 2 hour ride home-But their soo cute n fuzzy!

*sigh* I do miss the california critters, wonder if any Kuk have made it itno the canadian hobby...

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
a la platnick?

makes me want to look up 17-19 to see if i have any local
Gradungulidae: Australia and New Zealand
Austrochilidae: Chile and Tasmania
Hypochilidae: China and the US, apparently they are found in the californian and rocky mountain ranges. All the ones int he US belong to the Genus Hypochilus. (they are also called Lampshade spiders)
Whats really cool about them and what makes them the most primitive araneo family is that they have 4 booklungs!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Gradungulidae: Australia and New Zealand
Austrochilidae: Chile and Tasmania
Hypochilidae: China and the US, apparently they are found in the californian and rocky mountain ranges. All the ones int he US belong to the Genus Hypochilus. (they are also called Lampshade spiders)
Whats really cool about them and what makes them the most primitive araneo family is that they have 4 booklungs!
i didn't have much hope for the Austro- and Grandungu- anyways... names were too strange and placenamey.

dang, those lampshade spiders are really rare, from waht i recall. look crazy though. LONG spinnerets.

good info Gigas

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Man buthus, those are some great pictures! Not to mention the great job you did with the enclosures and those gorgeous looking spiders!:clap: Keep it coming!