Juvy Poecilotheria striata

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

awesome! where did you get the striatia from?, i definetly will need some of those in the future.theres a good chance i'll be making an order this tuesday for some pokies, be getting 2 X redslate ornamentals 1.5", 2 X salem ornamentals 1.5", 3 X ornate ornamentals 1.25-1.5", i'm getting pretty excited and impatient,lol, but thats is an awesome poke, are'nt those a bit more rare?--Jeff

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

WOW! Vayu son great pics! I am very interested in these T's and really want one, but they look to fast, mean, aggressive and very scary! But all in all they are beautiful!

James

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
P. striata

Nice pix!

Here's a picture of my 6" female, she's one fromt he first batch that hit the US late in 2001. I had two others that matured male and have been bred outside the US. Nice purple highlights, one of my favorite Pokeys!

N-Joy
Art

Last edited:

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Yours is very striking. More so than alot of the adult pictures ive seen.

-V

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here's one of ours... They really show off those long orange-red leg hairs at this stage.

Attachments

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
As long as we're showing off baby pictures, here's one of mine!

Note: the usual Poke-handling disclaimer applies. All tarantulas have venom and are capable of biting, and members of the genus Poecilotheria *may* possess a more venomous bite than most. Handling them is not generally recommended and should be done only with a full understanding of the risks involved (I'm tempted to add "or after ingesting large quantities of alcohol" here, but somebody might take me seriously ;) ).

Joy

Last edited:

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What I dig about pokes is their body structure... their legs always tend to sit front and back making them look very long as opposed to other T's that look more round.

Pokes are the only thing lacking in my collection up to now... something I shall have to remedy soon.

Cowshark

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Heehee. When I opened this topic, I figured there'd be a pic of Joy holding one... You are amazing.