Juv-cagesize

shubi

Arachnopeon
Good afternoon everyone!

I got a juv Pulchra today, a beatiful spiciment.
Now i got a q about cage size. Pulch is about 8-10 cm between legs and i got a petbox that is round 20x10 cm. However, i also got a exo-terra, the 30x30cm type.
Wich one do you think I can use? or should i get another box thats inbetween the others?

Thanks in advance!''

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Whatever you want......... she will do fine in both. So if I were you id start with the smaller one and wait a bit till she is outgrowing that one and then graduate her to the bigger one. Nice choice by the way.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Either one is fine, though the smaller is preferable. The main concern is that you need to pile the substrate high enough that the distance from dirt to ceiling is equal to the T's legspan. If it's still very small, then doing this in a big enclosure might just be a big waste of substrate. :) And it's very important to do this, because otherwise she could fall and die, that happens pretty easily.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i want i want i want a ( puLchra ) :worship: :worship: :worship: good luck with it and enjoy :8o -- phil

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Start with the smaller one. G. pulchras don't eat very well sometimes so you might want to have it in a smaller container so it is easier for the T to find its food. Be warned, they grow very slowly and even with juvies premoult can last for months.

hyena65

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats on the pulchra, I have one, and it is one of my favorites:clap:

shubi

Arachnopeon
Congrats on the pulchra, I have one, and it is one of my favorites:clap:
Yeah it really nice! one thing that shocked me was that has not dug a hole yet. I thought they were burials...

I used the small cage btw... Works fine!

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah it really nice! one thing that shocked me was that has not dug a hole yet. I thought they were burials...
A few might dig holes, but Grammostola Ts are regular old terrestrials, not generally burrowers.