Just when you thought you'd seen it all...

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
My P.transvaalicus male put his stinger right through a giant mealworm. A very visceral and yet very impressive thing to watch.

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
You have got to get a digital camera! That would have been a cool pic.

John
; ' /

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

lol, very cool, I'm thinking about getting a a. bicolor and a a. australius I was also looking into the p. traaviculus, I saw a really nice looking one for sale it was like 30 bucks, thing looked pretty evil man;P ;P ;P

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
John: I don't need a digital camera as much as I need film in my camera. Today when I was feeding my collection, I noted that one of my B.vagans juveniles had moulted. S(he) is looking sweeeet. I plan to pick up some film tommorow, though, so hopefuly my P.transvaalicus will repeat the skewering feat next time he is fed. I'll tell you, though, if I do get a camera, it will have the video clip feature -- some of these feeding times just have to be caught on camera.

Weapon-X: Get the P.transvaalicus! If you are willing to deal with hot species, then just add precautions for the "spitting" aspect and you can keep P.transvaalicus. I'm not saying the A.bicolor are not cool. They are. Very cool. The two P.transvaalicus I have, however, blow them away in appearance and sheer nastiness. The one thing I will say about A.bicolor, though, is that their smaller size means that to them a giant mealworm is a major wrestling act. The three of mine that ate the giant mealworms had to really go at them to kill them -- the one was doing flips and everything. The other two were hesitant/scared so I fed them crickets.

Cheers,
Dave

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

hey skinheaddave if ya don't mind me asking, where did you buy your p. traavicus from and how much was it, also know any good places to buy bicolors or a. australius??;P

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Well, being a C'nadian, I got both my P.transvaalicus and A.bicolor from Chris' Creepy Crawlies. Very good deal -- check out the dealer review section.

So, in the US, I'd guess you'd better look to Pat Kane of Regal Reptiles. He's the one that was ultimately is responsible for picking out the eight BEAUTIFUL scorpion specimens that recently came my way.

Cheers,
Dave

Stugy

Arachnolord
:singing:StUcK iN 2002 oR wHaT?:singing: xD Oh and yes I read this thread just a few days ago and thought the same thing @xunicronx lol