just thinking

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
hi everyone, just had some thoughts, I'm keeping my indian ornamental in a 10 gallon tank on its side but after thought I am thinking about getting a large kritter keeper and putting her in that instead, just seems like she has to much room, think it would be better in the kritter keeper, any thoughts on this---Jeff

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Too much room? In the wild she ran along trees and roamed free. I for one would prefer the extra space. Just keep the tank you have, it seems a reasonable size to me.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
Regalis

10 gallon tank turned vertical is pretty standard for an adult arboreal.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
It comes down to 2 things. One is how big is your T. For smaller T's a very large enclosure (compared to the size of the T) are not recommended as it may cause problems with your T finding it's food in the tank. The other thing is what aesthetically pleasing to you? It's your T, make yourself happy. Right now I have some 4 in range ornamentals in beanie baby containers. I've never had a problem with them. They eat well and look nice and healthy. It's your choice.

Scott

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I go with Scott on it being your choice. I have mine in a Large round Kitter keeper and she is very happy. I have others like my P. Cambridgei in a 2.5 gallon tank and she is also very happy it is really what will work best for you.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I have 2 Ts in 10 gallon glass aquariums:
A urticans- whom I never see
C crayshawi- whom I never see!
I feel I would be best served doing some trading around...
but OTOH, those 2 10 gallon tanks have some cool decorations that are never messed with!
In fact, they look like nice decorated EMPTY aquariums.
I also have a 5" + P cambridgei in an upright shoebox with a custom plexiglass lid. He/she seems perfectly content in that smaller space.
I think everyone is right...it's what YOU think...as long as your T is comfortable that is

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

well, ok thanks everyone, she is about 4 inchs, and just thought it would be easier to control things if I had her in a critter keeper, but I do like her in the ten gallon for the room she has, gonna have to think about it now--thanks, Jeff

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Keep the ten gallon tank, its far better than a cheap and nasty critter keeper.