Just thinking!

Slaxik

Arachnopeon
Well guys, I red today a lot! Shall I ask which tarantula is the best for someone who never had any tarantula??

Well I was in love with Cobalt blue-but one of my friend, who has that one says-that they are very nusty! Is that true?

Which one is the best for beginers? Tell me the names please That I could find them in gallery!

Slaxik

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
There are a lot of T's (tarantulas) that can possibly be your first one.
One of the most chosen first T is the Gramostola rosea. This species is known for their docile nature. But there are exceptions to this rule, some of em can be really bitchy! They are also known for their long periods of fasting.
Brachypelma albopilosum (sp?) can be a good starting T too. It grows fast, gets big, and is fairly docile.
Brachypelma smithi/boehmei can also be great starting T's. They are known for their beautiful colors and their docile nature, although the boehmei loves to kick off those itching hairs on his butt. They can also get quite expensive....
Anyway, I'd suggest a Brachypelma albopilosum (sp?) as a first T, let's hear what other ppl think about this.

Dennis

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Your friend is right, they are generally known to be a defensive species. They are also big time burrowers, so you'll never see it if you are taking proper care of it. First T's, You can't really go wrong with the standard petshop variety of :
Grammastola rosea (Chilean Rose)
Avicularia avicularia (Pinktoe, or Common Pinktoe)
Aphonopelma seemani (Stripe knee, zebra leg, pretty much anything called striped and leg can be an A. seemani in a pet shop - look around for a solid ID)

Beyond those, if you want to get something a little different, you can look into Euphalestrus campestrus (Pink Zebra Beauty) or some of the other Avicularia species (Antilles Pinktoe, Whitetoe, etc.) It's my opinion that Cyclosternum fasciatum (Costa Rican Tiger Rump) is a good beginner T, but I'm biased. Do some research, if you can get it in the UK get "The Tarantula Keepers Guide" by Stan and Marguerite Schultz It will tell you all the basic information (and then some) that you need to know. Also, check out the general info area of this website as well.

Bill

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Almost any species from the following five genera make good beginner Ts:

Aphonopelma
Avicularia
Brachypelma
Eupalaestrus
Grammostola

A few of the Aphonopelma and Avicularia are a little snippy, but no one from these genera is overly difficult to manage or care for. In particular, Aphonopelma, Brachypelma, and Grammostola are good choices because they do well as juves/adults in dry enclosures with just a water dish, making them pretty much bullet proof for the new keeper.

ahkiu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi slaxik, i was in the same position as you not so long ago, deciding what my first tarantula would be :)

A cobalt blue is very aggressive and isn't really a good first tarantula. Agression aside, it's a burrowing type and doesn't show itself very often.

Myself, i decided to get a b.boehmei and a b.vagans (red rump) for my first t's.

If you have trouble finding them i bought them from this lady

http://www.vcheeseman.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

and they are still availble i think :)

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
usumbara or a cobalt blue!...lol just kidding....i'd go with a chilean rose (grammastola rosea) they are very docile and a great beginners T.

Risto

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
List of good beginners species:

aphonopelma bicoloratum

aphonopelma chalcodes

avicularia aurantica

avicularia avicularia

avicularia metallica

avicularia purpurea

pretty much any avicularia species

brachypelma albopilosum

brachypelma smithi

grammostola auerostriata

grammostola alticeps

grammostola pulchra

grammostola rosea

Hope that helps a little,

take care,

Paul

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Slaxik
Well guys, I red today a lot! Shall I ask which tarantula is the best for someone who never had any tarantula??

Well I was in love with Cobalt blue-but one of my friend, who has that one says-that they are very nusty! Is that true?

Which one is the best for beginers? Tell me the names please That I could find them in gallery!

Slaxik
I wholeheartedly recommend the Pink Zebra Beauty (E. campestratus) My Gypsy is the most lovable, docile little spider in my collection.