Just showing off new additions...

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

A Cobalt blue (Haplopelma lividum), I had one of these many moons ago when I was less experienced. It was a pretty bad off import and didn't do well. I figured I'd give them a try again, they're such wonderful spiders. Of course... this is her typical pose as soon as the camera comes out. She is not a happy camper.

Burmese Brown or Burmese Mustard, (Chilobrachys andersoni). Used to be Ornithoctonus andersoni I believe? So hard to keep up with the taxonomy names. A species you don't often see, and I'm a sucker for the rarer ones. :) She has the attitude of a cobalt and is twice the size.

And a little guyanan dwarf tarantula (Holothele sp.). One of the unidentified species from Rick West's photo gallery if you've ever poked around there. Very angry little spider... and -quick-.

And another Guyana native... the Skeleton (Ephebopus murinus). I just had to get one of these because of their peculiar nature. They look asiatic, but are in South America... and the urticating hairs being on the pedipalps. (Hence the reason I was trying to get a pic of the pedipalps.)

I'm just so fascinated by the rarer species, and those species with peculiar points about them. :)

Rav

Nathan Danger

Arachnopeon
those pictures are awesome...i like the ephobopus murinis....does yours stay in a burrow more often then not?

Ravnos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She hasn't really burrowed at all yet, she's dug herself a little divot in one corner of her cage, webbed it heavily, and she sits there, more or less in the open... but she's only been in the cage for a few days. Maybe she'll make something more permanent once she settles in. :)

Rav

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
On my wishlist the E Murinus is near the top. Right now I cant seem to locate a dealer or a breeder in Canada that has them as adults. I dont wanna raise one from a spiderling. THey are beautiful. Right now I will have to enjoy my A seemani.