Just showing off my baby :)

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Just took pics of my new C. cyanopubescens. S/he's such a cutie and already quite the webspinner. Won't be long before s/he's off to school then getting married and...**sniff** they grow so fast.

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow

great pics!

i just ordered a GBB.....and i cant wait till it gets here!

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just ordered 5, but I won't get to see the little things for about 5 weeks or more *sigh*...I had them sent to my mom's business, since I'm not usually around to meet the mail man, and I won't be seeing mom until the end of February, at best...

Waiting is the pits...:mad:

-Faunya

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Now thats a cute sling.
How large is it?
Mine has lost all its abdomen stripes. She a big girl now.
Its great fun watching them change colors and patterns as they grow. I'll have to order some young ones soon.
Good luck with yours,

Ernie

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Maybe 3/4". Swifty sent some really tiny crix with it but they seemed a bit small for her (but perfect for the freebie curly hair 1/4" sling) so I got some pinheads at the pet store. I dropped one in and then next time I looked in she was already feeding. These are my first slings. My rosie was an adult.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats cool,
Curly's grow like weeds, and eat like theres no tomorrow.
Mine molted every 30 days for a good 4-5 months. It was 1/2" when I got it. Great T.

Ernie

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Oh, good. It is much smaller than I was prepared for. I've read conflicting accounts on how fast they grow. No site ever gave any time frames, just "slow grower" or "fast grower". It's all relative on what they consider fast or slow. I'd just like it to get big enough quick enough to get commercial crix (my GF indulges my Ts but draws the line at raising crix).

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am jealous! My GBB sling that I got from Swifty last week hasn't done any visible webbing. On the other hand, it is a cricket monster! I have never met such a hungry tarantula for its size. It should be a fast grower.

Jon

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm considering a GBB from Swifty as well...No exact time frame for when I'm getting it (as I'm trying to scrape up $$$ for a laptop), but I'm pretty shure it'll be by the end of next month. Never had a sling before, though. Any pointers? LoL

N.

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They Grow pretty fast.It should be mature in a year.ime

hope this helps
Bryan

Originally posted by caligulathegod

Oh, good. It is much smaller than I was prepared for. I've read conflicting accounts on how fast they grow. No site ever gave any time frames, just "slow grower" or "fast grower". It's all relative on what they consider fast or slow. I'd just like it to get big enough quick enough to get commercial crix (my GF indulges my Ts but draws the line at raising crix).

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love those slings. I have one that is about 4 inches, and while she does look nice, I think the slings are sharp. I need to get me a little one. :) Pam

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by caligulathegod
Just took pics of my new C. cyanopubescens. S/he's such a cutie and already quite the webspinner. Won't be long before s/he's off to school then getting married and...**sniff** they grow so fast.
Too cute! I love this species.

Joy

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Here's my new baby, a B. smithi. My curlyhair sling passed on the first week when the cat knocked its vial off the table. My GBB sling is nice and chubby and is due for its second molt. My adult seemanni just burrowed through to the bottom of her terrarium. Anyway, here's the newest member of the family. The smithi is about 2 1/4".