Just had the BIGGEST BIGGEST scare ever! (yes im a big baby)

Bread

Arachnopeon
I was cleaning some bolus from my female Ornata's enclosure, she was hiding down in her log when my brother came into the room, I turned around to see who was bugging me, and then I felt it!, it was like someone touching the hairs on my arm, the next thing I knew an 8" AF Ornata is sitting on my right shoulder!, I sat still like a rabbit in headlights, she marched onto my left shoulder then down my arm which I put near the enclosure, and she trotted back in with not a care in the world!.

Anyway, The first close call i've had, I need new underwear :p

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
You should run out and buy a lottery ticket right now!!!!!:astonished::astonished::astonished:

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I was cleaning some bolus from my female Ornata's enclosure, she was hiding down in her log when my brother came into the room, I turned around to see who was bugging me, and then I felt it!, it was like someone touching the hairs on my arm, the next thing I knew an 8" AF Ornata is sitting on my right shoulder!, I sat still like a rabbit in headlights, she marched onto my left shoulder then down my arm which I put near the enclosure, and she trotted back in with not a care in the world!.

Anyway, The first close call i've had, I need new underwear :p
that's what you call a close call! At least no harm done to either you or your T.

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
Guess she just wanted to go for a little walk outside her enclosure. haha

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I suggest you a S.subspinipes or another Asian centipede, man. If Chinese, better. Then, after a 'Rambo' jump out of nowhere from that substrate for grab the straw, or a couple of badass 'Papillon' escape attempts at dawn, OW's T's (no matter which one) will be considered like annoying punks crying because mommy punished them :-s

Bread

Arachnopeon
Centipedes are evil :p

My next addition/s will probably be an orb weaver, or a scorpion.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I suggest you a S.subspinipes or another Asian centipede, man. If Chinese, better. Then, after a 'Rambo' jump out of nowhere from that substrate for grab the straw, or a couple of badass 'Papillon' escape attempts at dawn, OW's T's (no matter which one) will be considered like annoying punks crying because mommy punished them :-s
Haha! I just rehoused my adult S. subspinipes today because I wanted the smaller cage for some new slings (M. balfouri) and he was not happy about it! Hope you're right about the centipede making OW T's seem easy!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hope you're right about the centipede making OW T's seem easy!
Seriously --

They are IMO by far more unpredictable than T's (OW's included, of course) and not 'potatoes' when it comes to escape attempts. I don't want to sound offensive or else at those that had T's escapes, but really, those are on another planet :-s

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Sounds like she was giving you a friendly reminder of how important it is that you always stay focused and not get distracted.
;)

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I really want a Latrodectus. Gorgeous spiders.
In addition to being beautiful, they're some of the easiest spiders to keep! I've kept/raised both L. hesperus and L. geometricus and there's almost no maintenance required, beyond the occasional feeding. (And they're free, too - at least out here. I just have to go outside at night and scoop one up!)

mistertim

Arachnobaron
In addition to being beautiful, they're some of the easiest spiders to keep! I've kept/raised both L. hesperus and L. geometricus and there's almost no maintenance required, beyond the occasional feeding. (And they're free, too - at least out here. I just have to go outside at night and scoop one up!)
Yeah they aren't as ubiquitous here (northern VA) so I'd probably need to buy one. Not that they're expensive. I'd just need to check local laws.