Just got some A. versicolor slings, how are my habitats?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Ok cool, set up is good then :). That was my main concern. It seems the abundance of ventilation evaporates the water pretty quickly, but I'm ok with misting once or twice more a week to give them better ventilation.... just gotta hunt down some bottle caps and tiny pebbles now. Hopefully the little water pool will help.

One last question... as far as feeding, I only have constant access to the small crickets at petco. I normally buy a bunch, so I'll end up with a good few tiny ones mixed in there, but they're still nearly the size of the tarantula. Would two of that size be sufficient for a week's worth of feeding? I can start breeding fruit flies again if you guys think that would help, but would prefer not to.

Hi Rue! Nice to see a familiar face...err... username :D
oh, that screen, is that plastic?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Actually, I remember seeing something about a tarantula walking around under water on this forum... Maybe I should find that....

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Actually, I remember seeing something about a tarantula walking around under water on this forum... Maybe I should find that....
i think that was an H gigas if i'm thinking of the same thread

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I think I got all the info I need really. Just be nice if a few versicolor owners would tell me if the cage looks like the right size and if it should provide enough ventilation or not ;). I know they can just up and die and I'd really like to know off the bat that I'm doing everything properly and it wouldn't be my fault if it happened.
I have three versis. One of them is a sling. Your enclosures are pleanty big enough. Realy, they just need to be a couple times taller than their leg span, so your good in the size department as long as they can find their food. If you just mist every other day the humidity should stay high enough because it will be hard for it to escape through the holes. Just make sure you remove dead insect bodyparts to prevent mold and mites and look out for mold!

SunSchein89

Arachnopeon
I have three versis. One of them is a sling. Your enclosures are pleanty big enough. Realy, they just need to be a couple times taller than their leg span, so your good in the size department as long as they can find their food. If you just mist every other day the humidity should stay high enough because it will be hard for it to escape through the holes. Just make sure you remove dead insect bodyparts to prevent mold and mites and look out for mold!
Sweet, sounds good. Just misted them for the 2nd time a few minutes ago. Will definitely remove any excess waste I can see, just hate to destroy their web to get to it, but I know it's more important.

The screen is metal I cut out from an old 20 long screen top I had laying around. Saw plenty of posts saying they can chew through plastic screen ;).

Can anyone comment on the amount of food I should be giving them at this point?

DemonAsh

Arachnosquire
You'll get different answers depending on who you ask. I aim for a slow growth rate and long life so I usually feed my versi slings (or any sling really) one small cricket a week.