Just curious for all you Cyriopagopus Lividum veterans out there

Jlw13194

Arachnopeon
(sorry for spamming so many silly things about this spider, I just have a hard time finding helpful information regarding specific behaviors for this species) Is it normal behavior for my Lividum to just be sitting above her burrow completely out on the wall of the enclosure? (not above the water dish) She seems to just chill there once or twice a day for a while then goes back down her burrow later on. water dish is always full of fresh water and i just recently fed her 2 crickets.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Out on the wall? Is it on the substrate? Tarantulas do lots of silly things, I wouldn't worry.
How is your substrate looking? It shouldn't be wet.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Is there any type of heat source there? Is that the wall the space heater is closest to?

Jlw13194

Arachnopeon
Out on the wall? Is it on the substrate? Tarantulas do lots of silly things, I wouldn't worry.
How is your substrate looking? It shouldn't be wet.
it's not wet, but it's definitely moist. I have a lot of moisture trapped in the sub from setting the enclosure in the sun after I mist the sub, then the moisture just stays trapped in the sub. I see her on the sub from time to time when she's getting a drink or a couple feet out when she's in hunting mode :p (usually at night)

Jlw13194

Arachnopeon
Is there any type of heat source there? Is that the wall the space heater is closest to?
No, the wall she climbs on is facing away from the window that shines sun on the enclosure for a few hours a day to help with humidity and moisture. she digs A LOT. has a whole network of tunnels, it's really cool to see her underground since I'm lucky enough to have her dig close to the wall of the enclosure.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
There's no need to set the tank in the sun after a misting. Tarantulas don't like the sun, doesn't matter what species. Just as long as it's damp it should be ok. You can do this by over filling the water dish once every few days and/or pouring water directly onto the substrate once a week. Maybe even every other week, depending on how much you use.
This isn't a terribly difficult genus to keep, despite the stories you might hear about humidity lol.

Jlw13194

Arachnopeon
There's no need to set the tank in the sun after a misting. Tarantulas don't like the sun, doesn't matter what species. Just as long as it's damp it should be ok. You can do this by over filling the water dish once every few days and/or pouring water directly onto the substrate once a week. Maybe even every other week, depending on how much you use.
This isn't a terribly difficult genus to keep, despite the stories you might hear about humidity lol.
Had no idea about T's not liking the sun, thanks for the tip. Learning something new everytime I post here. Yeah, I've found this species isn't too difficult to maintain at all. I was up to the challenge (it was my 3rd T lol) and I'd say I'm doing a pretty good job. Makes me feel good you recommended pouring water directly onto the sub as I've done that once every week or whenever I feel it's looking too dry. I also overflow the dish just like you recommended. Cool, I really appreciate your helpful advice!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
No, the wall she climbs on is facing away from the window that shines sun on the enclosure for a few hours a day to help with humidity and moisture. she digs A LOT. has a whole network of tunnels, it's really cool to see her underground since I'm lucky enough to have her dig close to the wall of the enclosure.
the sun can really really overheat enclosures, no cage should be exposed to the sun directly. it may be too hot and shes trying to get out. the sun doesnt help with humidity, only heat. and too much of it too.

Jlw13194

Arachnopeon
the sun can really really overheat enclosures, no cage should be exposed to the sun directly. it may be too hot and shes trying to get out. the sun doesnt help with humidity, only heat. and too much of it too.
Thanks for the info, I wont expose the enclosure to sun anymore. It's weird though because she'll do it at night too. She's a strange spider

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Tarantulas are nocturnal, so it's normal to see them out at night, even the obligate burrowers like lividum. Be happy you get to see yours - I didn't see my adult female until today when I rehoused her (bought her last month). She also ended up on the wall ... of my bathroom!

Jlw13194

Arachnopeon
Tarantulas are nocturnal, so it's normal to see them out at night, even the obligate burrowers like lividum. Be happy you get to see yours - I didn't see my adult female until today when I rehoused her (bought her last month). She also ended up on the wall ... of my bathroom!
oh jeez... that sounds like an adventure! Thankfully I won't need to re-house her for a good while haha

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Perfectly normal behavior. C lividus has the potential of being quite active creatures. All of my specimens spend a good amount of time roaming about out of their burrows, just means they feel secure