Just can't win this week!

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, after my A. avic that may have been something else died, I checked on my P. platyomma sling to see him trying to molt upright, and failing.

Carefully, in a panic, I moved him to an ICU. He started to show signs of improvement, but sometime during the night I guess he gave up. :(

So disappointed. He was an awesome little dude.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I'm so sorry, Kori. That must be horrible. I was in sobs when my peacock died, I can't even imagine what it would be like for two of my Ts to pass with such a short time difference.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks a lot, you guys. A lot of my friends don't get it. I hear a lot of "they're just spiders". Frustrates me beyond words.

At least you guys understand and are always supportive.<333

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I hate that! I told my best friend about how my Pulchra molted and she said, "You should kill it. It's just a spider, I kill spiders all the time." That hurt like snorting in urticating bristles through a straw.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Checked once more, just to be sure... he's still in the same position, and has made no further progress on his molt... so I think I can be 100% sure he's really gone.

:wall::wall::wall:

jeryst

Arachnopeon
Checked once more, just to be sure... he's still in the same position, and has made no further progress on his molt... so I think I can be 100% sure he's really gone.

:wall::wall::wall:
Just wait a couple of days. My Chaco was in the same position for 3 days. I thought she was a goner, but she was just resting. This is a very stressful and tiring process for the spider. Sometimes they can only move a fraction of a millimeter before resting again. Keep the enclosure misted and warm, and wait. You might want to flip him over because it is easier if they are on their backs. You have nothing to lose at this point.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just wait a couple of days. My Chaco was in the same position for 3 days. I thought she was a goner, but she was just resting. This is a very stressful and tiring process for the spider. Sometimes they can only move a fraction of a millimeter before resting again. Keep the enclosure misted and warm, and wait. You might want to flip him over because it is easier if they are on their backs. You have nothing to lose at this point.
Already did. He's on his back in the ICU. Still just waiting, just in case, though.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Kori, Sorry to hear you're having a bad time with the collect now :(. Hope things turn around for you soon! :)

Terry

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Just give it a few more days. Crap, if humans could feel a tarantula's pulse...

seezilla

Arachnopeon
Sorry to hear about your Ts. It sucks when you lose one. I hope s/he pulls thru!

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that! Really too bad.
I hate hearing the "just a spider" thing. It always makes me think, "Yeah, well this 'just spider' is going to outlive your cat or dog, is beautiful, fascinating and as much a pet to me as any other fuzzy animal is to you!" I think there is something seriously wrong with people when their first reaction to another living creature is "ugh, kill it!"
I hope all your other Ts have long, healthy lives!

Knight in Gale