Jumping spider comedy

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I looked out the window on the porch roof a few moments ago. Was just in time to see one of those hefty houseflies, nearly a 1/2 long, land. A split second later a little jumper about 1/4 long leaped on top of it.
It was a bit of a wrestling match and I was thinking the fly might be able to take off anyway. But after about 2 or 3 minutes it had the fly subdued. Then came the fun part. It apparently wanted to haul it's dinner off to some aesthetic locale.

To say it's progress was slow and tedious would be a mild euphemism. A step or two forwards then try it sideways and try it the other side then forwards again. Visualize pushing a shopping cart around with a Honda Civic perched on it. What it really needed was rear view mirrors and some practice walking backward... which was how it finally managed things.

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
Came in here expecting some "dank" memes, however, I didn't leave disappointed.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I caught a tiny little jumper the other day (maybe 1/16th") and offered it a housefly. I wasn't looking when it attacked but it apparently jumped on the fly's face. When I saw it a moment later it was riding the fly like a pony and stayed that way till the fly dropped. Jumpers are one of my favorites, they have so much personality. I just wish they were bigger.

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
We have? a meme page in the watering hole. I created it, realised the abomination I had made, and tried to destroy it.
Site wont allow me to view the lounge/watering hole, I think I am too new?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. This forum is very different in format than the reef and automotive forums I frequent, so still getting familiar.

Last edited:

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Once, my daughter and I rescued a Phiduppus audax from the pool. It turned around and looked strait at me, raised one arm as if waiving "thanks". And turned around to walk away. I called out, "Bye, little spider!" And it turned and looked right at me again!
Love those cuties!

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I love jumpers. We have tons of them around here. I could watch them for hours. If someone could produce a Theraphosa with the personality and curiosity of a jumper, I believe they could make a sizeable fortune in just a few minutes