Jseng's Centipede Collection

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Did you sell or did they die? I have a Scolopendra aztecorum the "green stage" right now. Cool pede.
Isn’t one of the common names for the S. aztecorum the “Sonoran Green”? I’m just curious as my local exotic pet shop has some of them and I’m considering picking one up if they are indeed aztecorum. (And I know, this is why common names are no good) :)

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Isn’t one of the common names for the S. aztecorum the “Sonoran Green”? I’m just curious as my local exotic pet shop has some of them and I’m considering picking one up if they are indeed aztecorum. (And I know, this is why common names are no good) :)
Usually Sonoran Green will refer to Scolopendra viridis afaik.

jseng

Arachnosquire
Thanks, Ted! I got the Hispaniola and a couple of True Blue Leg Ethmostigmus trigonopodus from Steven Stamps (of Stamp’s Turantulas) a couple years ago. It was a rare, one off import, and as you mentioned, I’ve never seen them available from any other vendor in the US. I ended up selling them, and to my knowledge, they’re still alive somewhere today.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Thanks, Ted! I got the Hispaniola and a couple of True Blue Leg Ethmostigmus trigonopodus from Steven Stamps (of Stamp’s Turantulas) a couple years ago. It was a rare, one off import, and as you mentioned, I’ve never seen them available from any other vendor in the US. I ended up selling them, and to my knowledge, they’re still alive somewhere today.
Alrighty, I’ll keep my eye out :)

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Alrighty, I’ll keep my eye out :)
I've seen them for sale in Europe and had the opportunity to import a few, but the price was too steep for me to be able to afford it, even if I resold all of them. They are out there and they will come up for sale eventually, it's just a matter of time and money.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
I've seen them for sale in Europe and had the opportunity to import a few, but the price was too steep for me to be able to afford it, even if I resold all of them. They are out there and they will come up for sale eventually, it's just a matter of time and money.
I hear you. Very expensive to import, and, from a hobbyist’s standpoint, it’s not worth the cost more often than not. Hopefully somebody will get a hold of some and manage to breed them!