John Doe

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are some better pictures of my John Doe. Again, stats are...

About 2" in size...
Fast as lightening...
Docile as a kitten...
Umm....yep that's about it.

Any thoughts on what he/she could be? I know its hard to tell as juvis.

Attachments

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A. anax, Texas tan or A. hentzi, Texas brown.

Where did you get John Doe?

Ernie

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A local petshop. They had it under something retarded like...Golden Stripe Beauty or something like that. The price was good and I really liked his/her personality so I got it anyway. The only thing that sucks is that it burrowed UNDER the flowerpot against the glass...but covered all the glass with dirt. I felt so bad because I had to dig it out today so I could get pics in order to have it identified. I didn't want it in the wrong conditions. Your help is very much appreciated.

Marcus

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In that case, it may be a A. seemani, Costa rican zebra..
Sometimes called a Stripe knee Tarantula.
Are the stripes pretty white?
Go to petbugs.com and download a caresheet. I bet thats what it is.
Or go to Arachnopets here and see if theres a care sheet and info. Petco sell alot of this Species.

Ernie

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
Here are some better pictures of my John Doe. Again, stats are...

About 2" in size...
Fast as lightening...
Docile as a kitten...
Umm....yep that's about it.

Any thoughts on what he/she could be? I know its hard to tell as juvis.
Looks like a Phormictopus sp. to me. I know Phormictopus are aggressive, but this one's still a juvie and most aggressive t's aren't too bad until they get to about half size.

Any irridescence on the carapace???

Steve

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't believe it would be a phormictopus, there is no irridescence on the carrapace. It wouldn't surprise me if it came to be a. seemani, but the strikes are not very noticeable at this time. Still it is a juvi, and could very possibly show stronger signs in its latter molts.

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that does kinda look like the Nicaragua Brown form of A. Seemani

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweet, does yours burrow a lot? Mine is like a freakin groundhog. Got under the flower pot in there and hasn't come out since...completely blocked off the main entrance and routed a "secret" entrance on the front side of a downhill slope of dirt inside of the pot, facing the back...so you cannot see it. She also, little punk, covered all the plastic where I could see into her burrow with dirt! Hehe..oh well. How does yours behave? I hope this is an A. Seemani, they are soo beautiful.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine digs constantly....it's a little skittish, but I can handle her. She likes to flick hairs at me as well, but she never tries to bite or anything.

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's a pic of mine if you want to compare...mine's leg striping as darker....it just molted recently.

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is an A.seemani for sure i have 20 that look just like that
Bryan

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Woohoo...puzzle solved! Thank you all so much, I really do appreciate it! I just wish mine wasn't such a recluse. By the way, Pategirl, beautiful T! Thanks again, everyone.

Marcus