Jerusalem cricket winter inactivity?

birdonfire

Arachnosquire
Do Jerusalem crickets have a winter rest period in captivity with no above ground activity? Hoping from responses from experienced keepers before I go digging up a potentially resting Jerusalem cricket. Temps are kept in the high 60s to low-mid 70s. Cricket was typically very active nightly before 3 weeks ago with no sign of it since.

gzophia

Arachnoknight
Do Jerusalem crickets have a winter rest period in captivity with no above ground activity? Hoping from responses from experienced keepers before I go digging up a potentially resting Jerusalem cricket. Temps are kept in the high 60s to low-mid 70s. Cricket was typically very active nightly before 3 weeks ago with no sign of it since.
Super late response; probably won't be relevant anymore but I thought I'd answer this just in case someone finds it again. Hate to necro too but this is a good question.

Yes, I have kept many of these insects over the years and I have found that some will enter hibernation during the winter. It is pretty much guaranteed if temperatures go below 60F, but depends for higher numbers.
Also, it could have been molting if it was not an adult; immatures can go out of sight for weeks prior to a molt. As with most fossorials, Jerusalem Crickets should never be dug up unless they have been hidden for an abnormally long time.