Jerusalem cricket+scorpion ID

khil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well socal is amazing, I only wish norcal had arthropods of this magnitude. (hit me up if you know a good place)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would appreciate very much an id on the scorpions, and how to care for them. I have never kept a scorpion before and want to keep mine alive. Thanks so much.

super-pede

Arachnobaron
My guess(it's a guess) is it's a vaejovis species. there'll be someone else on here to give you a better I.D.

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well socal is amazing, I only wish norcal had arthropods of this magnitude. (hit me up if you know a good place)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would appreciate very much an id on the scorpions, and how to care for them. I have never kept a scorpion before and want to keep mine alive. Thanks so much.
That's sooo funny!I just got back from a hike with 3 Jeruselum Crickets and a scorpion.Yours looks very similar to mine.What part of So Cal are you in?I'm pretty sure it's Paruroctonus sp. and most likely silvestrii.Check out mine:http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?p=1879983#post1879983
It's the most recent post.

thebugwife

Arachnopeon
We have all types of great inverts here in norcal including Jerusalem crickets and all kinds of scorps, the problem is there are few places besides private land were it is legal to collect, not nearly as much National Forrest and BLM land up here :( But there are amazing spots to view the wild life even Here in the Bay Area!