Jeffrey, prince of cats

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Mine gets jealous too, and does enjoy watching during feeding time...though I suspect it's because he wants to play with the crickets. He loves them for some odd reason
Mine loves crickets as well, perfect combo of play and food. Sometimes i prefer seeing my T's eat a cricket to seeing my cat 'eating' one. At least the T gives a fast/clean death :eek:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Mine loves crickets as well, perfect combo of play and food. Sometimes I prefer seeing my T's eat a cricket to seeing my cat 'eating' one. At least the T gives a fast/clean death :eek:
Oh yeah, Jeff will stalk them, squish them, rip them apart, brutally torture them, then eat them :shifty:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Locusts are more fun for me to watch though. She'll find one, pounce on it, the locust jumps up so high, she doesn't see where it lands, she'll be like 'where did the yummi go??'
Until she spots it again, starting the thing all over again....:D

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Locusts are more fun for me to watch though. She'll find one, pounce on it, the locust jumps up so high, she doesn't see where it lands, she'll be like 'where did the yummi go??'
Until she spots it again, starting the thing all over again....:D
I've never tried locusts...I don't think I've ever actually seen them for sale anywhere around here. I'm sure he'd have a field day with them though!

A while back a dubia escaped somehow and he was the most confused I'd ever seen him. Stalked it for hours because it kept playing dead and he'd just stare at it...then when he got bored it would move again and get his attention. I'm weirded out by the idea of feeders running around my house but I did let him have that one until the end. The "crunch" when he finally decided to eat it and the look of satisfaction on his face was wonderful :D

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Locusts are prohibited in most of the US and in Canada, because they are able to transition to 'swarming mode' and clear out immense areas of all greenery:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Locusts are prohibited in most of the US and in Canada, because they are able to transition to 'swarming mode' and clear out immense areas of all greenery:
I actually watched a documentary on this happening in Australia! It was terrifying :bag:

schmiggle

Arachnoking
These actually happen in Israel, so people come in and just spray the swarms with insecticide. Those locusts walk instead of flying, though