jeezus!

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
welcome me to the world of slings. the mail man delivered my first 3 slings yesterday. i have 8 T's, not including the new 3. most of my T's are 2" and bigger. these suckers are small. they're stressing me out!!! LOL

they blend in with the substrate, at first the containers i transfered them to were too big so i put them in some bigger viles than the ones they were shipped in. did i mention they are TINY! sorry folks 3/4" is TINY! i hope i can be a good papa.

i give all of you with slings props. i don't know yet if i like getting them this small...

looks like the p. ornata don't like the substrate moist.

Last edited:

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ornata

Give the ornata sling a piece of bark or wood for structure, and she will soon build a hide attached to it. Being arboreal, she wants to be up off the substrate.

Dustin

Arachnopeon
i have four 1/4" slings and one thats like 1/8th i hope that they molt soon so i can see them a little better

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Never buy an early instar C. elegans then. Its like owning pet dust.

K MUELLER

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, the hardest part is finding food for the tiny monster's,fruit flies and pinheads are tough to find in the winter,but when they get bigger,it is worth all the work. Good luck,later-Karl:cool:

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The P. ornata and T. truculentus are actually pretty big as far as slings go.

Don't let the substrate dry out on that T. plumipes.

As the T. truculentus gets a little larger you'll want to provide a lot more substrate for it to burrow.

Eric

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok. changing them was fun. talk about fast moving...:eek:

Last edited:

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great setup, talk about a quick housing change for them. :cool:

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
8 days and 2 crickets later...first pic is T. truculentus. second pic is T. plumipes. third pic is both. {D

Last edited: