I've learned my lesson

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well my C. Gracilis all molted again, and again, one was eaten, down to 2. separated them as i think they were in a small space but i never had a good enough cage for them all.

and one of my male WC V. spinigerus died today, just laid out, hard, and smelly. i can just hope ONE male survives till i can get a captive colony going.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry to hear about that. It's frustrating, but it's part of it. :(

Hopefully you can get the V. spin breeding. If not, you should be able to find another male too.

Are your C. gracilis domestic or caribbean?

snappleWhiteTea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well my C. Gracilis all molted again, and again, one was eaten, down to 2. separated them as i think they were in a small space but i never had a good enough cage for them all.

and one of my male WC V. spinigerus died today, just laid out, hard, and smelly. i can just hope ONE male survives till i can get a captive colony going.
i had two enclosures containing three C.gracilis ea. one day i saw one eating another, which to myself didn't make sense because i over fed them in the first place. needles to say i separated them all, and will until its time to breed.

and don't worry about you spinis i have caught a bunch and have had a few die on me out of no where. if you run to low i will sell you some dirt cheap. just let me know, i like to see people keeping and breeding these.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i had two enclosures containing three C.gracilis ea. one day i saw one eating another, which to myself didn't make sense because i over fed them in the first place. needles to say i separated them all, and will until its time to breed.

and don't worry about you spinis i have caught a bunch and have had a few die on me out of no where. if you run to low i will sell you some dirt cheap. just let me know, i like to see people keeping and breeding these.
thanks nomad and snapple. i got a bunch from another seller on here, not mentioning his name just in case, but i sexed all but two to be males, and my luck, one of the males died.

and yes i want to breed them :)

i heard both good and bad from community gracilis, even as siblings, and im assuming i needed to give them ALOT more space. and theyre supposed to be the cuban variety.