I've entered the OW realm!!

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
... and I jumped in the deep end...
I went to an arachnid/reptile show yesterday, and bought my first old world t's, a Poecilotheria regalis sling, a P. rufilata sling and a Pterinochilus murinus subadult female (former mammilatus, looks like usumbara). Bit sweaty palms moving them into their new homes but everything went smoothly (thanks to the bathtub).
I also bought a Nephila sp. (have to search for the correct name) that I've set free in an empty aquarium with a lot of very big plants in it (the aquarium is not closed, so you could say the spider is loose in my room, but it has started a little web in the aquarium, so everything going to plan for now)
Now I'm gonna make you a little jealous with the prices...:)
1 euro is about 1 dollar
P. regalis 1": 5 euro
P. rufilata 2": 15 euro
P. murinus +/- 4": 8 euro
Nephila sp. 5": 6 euro
gotta like the prices here!

greetz,
Joost

p.s. At the stand I bought the murinus, they also had an adult female with spiderlings of this species, the guy said there were about 25 slings left (cannibalisation). Guess they didn't have the guts to separate them themselves. I was tempted to buy them, since they were only 25 euro ($25), but since I'm not familiar with the OW t's I didn't dare to take that task on...

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Yes, I am jealous about the prices! I had heard European prices were better, but I didn't realize they were THAT much better. Congratulations on the new acquisitions.

Joy

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by ArachnoJoost
I also bought a Nephila sp. (have to search for the correct name) that I've set free in an empty aquarium with a lot of very big plants in it (the aquarium is not closed, so you could say the spider is loose in my room, but it has started a little web in the aquarium, so everything going to plan for now)
The giant Nephila are awesome spiders, if you post a description or photo in the "Other Arachnids" forum I can help you ID it.

Alex S.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If only we had reptile shows around here. THen maybe someday I would have a cool selection to go through. Although one of the spiders I have longer to own for a while is a Venezuelan Suntiger and the exitic store here just got one.

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey

Nice prices and welcome the the old world where there are no uricating hairs but nasty bites make up for it.