its a boy

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
turns out my p. muranus is a male. does anyone know about how long these live once they mature. i know they dont live near as long as the female. but so far have not found any imformation on lifespan other than anywhere from a year or two and sometimes less. need to decide to keep him or maybe trade him to someone that has females to breed.
he is eating good now and has been very active the past few weeks. if he is not going to live long i think i would probably rather he go to someone that could breed him. but not sure yet. any advise welcome.

I

Inverted

You seem to have pretty much answered your own question about his longevity. How the species continues to thrive in captivity is by breeding. His one and only job now is to find female partners to breed with until his death. I would suggest offering him for sale/trade or a 50/50 breeding loan to give him a chance to do what his instincts are telling him.

TheNatural

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You seem to have pretty much answered your own question about his longevity. How the species continues to thrive in captivity is by breeding. His one and only job now is to find female partners to breed with until his death. I would suggest offering him for sale/trade or a 50/50 breeding loan to give him a chance to do what his instincts are telling him.
Absolutly right.

Another thing that could be very interesting....
by a mature female an breed them yourself.
You will learn a lot with this experience

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Absolutly right.

Another thing that could be very interesting....
by a mature female an breed them yourself.
You will learn a lot with this experience
ive had that experience, only with g. rosea's. i really enjoyed it but not ready for it again due to available space where im at now. plus i think raising a few hundred obt slings would probably be a trip compared to g. rosea's. it is very tempting though. watching them grow was and still is very interesting. the ones i kept are about 1.5 inches now, and finally getting their color.