It Was Feeding Time At The Zoo And... More Baby P imps!

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well I was doing my weekly rounds, feeding all my scorpions and noticed that I have another brood of babies to tend to, I didn't even know this one was pregnant!

Funny thing is the one that I assumed to be pregnant, from back in Nov '06, is still looking like she is going to pop. The two that did pop were totally unexpected.

I'll post pics as soon as I can, it is late and I don't want to disturb her to much.

SIDE NOTE

Is Feb - May the time most P imps drop young... I noticed alot of post of new broods over the last couple of months now?

Also, at least in Ohio, the pet stores I frequent are not getting many emperors in, and some don't expect to any time soon. One larger chain 'Pet Land' just received three or four and they are juvinials, only about 2" (face to sting) cream colored telsons and all fiesty.

Well that is all for now...

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
thats great Michael....any idea how long it takes them to mature...i have had some 3rd instar for about 2 months and they havent molted yet..

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
P.imps are slow maturers. I have one that I bought as a subadult still with a cream colored telson for over a year. Well last time I checked honestly I only bug them to feed them.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats great Michael....any idea how long it takes them to mature...i have had some 3rd instar for about 2 months and they havent molted yet..
3+ years (there needs to be a yawning smilie for occasions like this)

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that's crazy man! random scorps giving birth,, cool... GL and the littles ones

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here are the pics I took as promised. I had to change out her tank anyways so I moved her into a 10 gallon (out of a 2.5 gal). I do not recommend moving them with babies on board but the tank really needed changed.

:D I have a video I shot of me changing her out to the new tank I need to edit still :D

Last edited:

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Even More Babies.....

Well it happened again this time with my Heterometrus petersii. I bought her back in Feb as a possibly gravid specimen and it was worth the extra 5 bucks as she popped out a dozen or better babies.

This is the video I shot of her a month ago, and she dropped 'em yesterday. :D

[YOUTUBE]Ht7grDB_Ygw[/YOUTUBE]

she is mis IDed at the beginning of the video as a longimanus, Mike over at the venomlist IDed her as a petersii

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You lucky dog you! :D

My "possibly gravid Heterometrus sp." turned out to be a "very male H. spinifer" -- $30 compared to the $9 smaller spinifers at the next table. :frustrated smiley: I may have to take a few of those H. petersii off your hands. ;)

Might also offer to take a few of your baby emps off your hands -- I'm beginning to suspect my female is beyond breeding age, and I'd feel like a hypocrite getting more WC to start a captive colony.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You lucky dog you! :D...I may have to take a few of those H. petersii off your hands. ;)...Might also offer to take a few of your baby emps off your hands...
Thanks!
I'd be glad to send some your way. As far as P imps, my oldest new born emps at present are I4 and I have 7 of them (birthed 03/11/07) the newest brood just left the mom I2 (birthed 05-18-2007)

PM me let me know and we can set up a deal...

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You are the Pandinus King in these parts. Good job and best of luck with them. We need more CB P imps

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
*sigh* You are very lucky. I got 5 baby emps in December and the last one just died. I still have no idea what I might have done wrong. Beautiful Moms and babys, Congrats!!!!

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How Many Babies Did She Have ????

It's been just over 2 weeks since the birth and.. well I separated out all the I2 H. petersii's and I have 50 young to take care of now. I prepped out 12 delicups at first as I thought that is all there were, then I rethought it to maybe 20, but there were two sub chambers she dug and there were a whole lot more than 20... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well I need to go feed them all :wall: :wall: :wall: now

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You are the Pandinus King in these parts. Good job and best of luck with them. We need more CB P imps
You mean Pandinus... EMPEROR. {D

sorry, i can't let a bad pun get away like that