It keeps falling? And smaller abdomen?

El Pistolero GL

Arachnopeon
My rose hair keeps climbing up the walls of its enclosure and repeatedly kept falling, that is until I changed the substrate. Is there a reason for this? Also I am not 100% sure but I think its abdomen has gotten smaller(no molt), is that a bad thing? And why?

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
The sub could have been to Damp. They Like it Bonedry-mild. most people will tell you to keep half bone dry and the other half of the enclosure (side with the water dish) moist (simply by overflowing the dish itself)

What are you feeding your T? It could possibly be a MM, I'd post pictures so we can sex it for you.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
The first day I had my rosea, she climbed the walls of her new KK. As soon as the coco fibre dried out, she came down, and now sits on her low pieces of driftwood. She ate mealworm yesterday and seems quiet and "content" (or what I judge to be content). Everyone except for Max Factor (baby pinktoe) is calm and just "hangin" or sitting around. Max is going nuts exploring the new "tree" I gave him.

Substrate does seem to affect some, others just don't seem to care.

Marga

El Pistolero GL

Arachnopeon
I only feed her crickets, I've tried mealworms but that didn't work, and she hardly eats but I guess that's common for a rose.
And what I was trying to ask was if it has gotten weaker? It used to be able to go up the walls and stay there for long periods of time but now it only hangs on for a few seconds then falls, I dont know if theres something wrong with her.

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That was purely a joke BTW.

Normally I'd just leave it without making this post of absolution, but can't risk it in this place.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Nobody is forcing you to live in Texas.
Haha what's wrong with texas? I lived there for 3 months and it was awesome, No winter for me :) Though this summer is going to be Especially cold because of it!

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
And what I was trying to ask was if it has gotten weaker?
It could be a couple things.
The tank could be humid, And the T cant climb the Walls with all the water on them...Could be a sign of premolt(is its abdomen dark?) Some T's get weaker as a molt nears as the skin is slowly starting to seperate..

The hooks on their toes may be damaged as well? Just a guess, but cant Give you anything else without pictures.

El Pistolero GL

Arachnopeon
It could be a couple things.
The tank could be humid, And the T cant climb the Walls with all the water on them...Could be a sign of premolt(is its abdomen dark?) Some T's get weaker as a molt nears as the skin is slowly starting to seperate..

The hooks on their toes may be damaged as well? Just a guess, but cant Give you anything else without pictures.
The abdomen is pretty dark